Hard disk drives, one of the oldest forms of storage in the PC, are still being used to this day. Granted they have had a number of changes, they are still using the same principles that were used at their invention, a spinning metal disk inside a vacuum sealed container with magnetic heads to read and write data to and from the drive.
Over the past 10 years we have seen speeds increase not only in the rotation speed of the drive but also the transfer protocol, from a mere 5MB/s now up to speeds hitting 300MB/s. Its easy to see where the slowest part of your PC still lies, the magnetic storage units like HDD's and FDD's.
While still the slowest part of the PC, hard disk companies like Seagate have put as much time and effort as they humanly can into increasing the abilities of the current technology, and building on the future of the HDD market. Today we have in our labs the Seagate Barracuda 7200.9, Seagate's 9th generation desktop hard disk drive. This drive is built on the same technology that saw the 7200.8 dominate the HDD market and added some extra features to the mix.
So how does it stack up compared to its predecessor? Come and take a look.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Resident Evil 7's Windows 10 PC port is a big mess
- Project Scorpio in playable state, games 'play great'
- 400 million PS4 games, 54.4 million PS4 consoles sold
- ASUS, GIGABYTE, MSI products rise in price across China
- Samsung has most of Qualcomm's new Snapdragon 835 chips
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- AVerMedia's AVerCaster HEVC RS9280 brings 3G-SDI to professional 4K HEVC video
- Thermaltake reveals new Riing Plus 12 LED RGB radiator fan TT Premium Edition Radiator Fan with Riing Plus RGB Software
- Call of Duty World League (CWL) presented by PlayStation 4 invades Texas with CWL Open Event
- PAX South attendees can play Nintendo Switch before it launches
- Acer unveils versatile and robust TravelMate Spin B1 convertible notebook at BETT 2017