Hard disk drives, one of the oldest forms of storage in the PC, are still being used to this day. Granted they have had a number of changes, they are still using the same principles that were used at their invention, a spinning metal disk inside a vacuum sealed container with magnetic heads to read and write data to and from the drive.
Over the past 10 years we have seen speeds increase not only in the rotation speed of the drive but also the transfer protocol, from a mere 5MB/s now up to speeds hitting 300MB/s. Its easy to see where the slowest part of your PC still lies, the magnetic storage units like HDD's and FDD's.
While still the slowest part of the PC, hard disk companies like Seagate have put as much time and effort as they humanly can into increasing the abilities of the current technology, and building on the future of the HDD market. Today we have in our labs the Seagate Barracuda 7200.9, Seagate's 9th generation desktop hard disk drive. This drive is built on the same technology that saw the 7200.8 dominate the HDD market and added some extra features to the mix.
So how does it stack up compared to its predecessor? Come and take a look.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Your daily WTF: Shower With Your Dad Simulator 2015 is a real game
- Acer announces new Predator Gaming Series monitors with NVIDIA G-SYNC
- Acer shows off Chromebook R 11, a convertible Chromebook
- Vantage Robotics shows off Snap, a safe drone with a 4K camera
- Star Wars: Battlefront won't have server browsers on PC
- does ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 support window 10 with the G3258 cpu?
- Seagate Backup Plus STDA4000100 4TB External Portable HDD Review
- GA-Z97X Gaming 7 + Samsung SM951 256 gb
- SanDisk Connect Stick 64GB Wireless Flash Drive Review
- GA-EP45-UD3R doesn't boot with Dual Channel (After Clean PC)
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015