Hard disk drives, one of the oldest forms of storage in the PC, are still being used to this day. Granted they have had a number of changes, they are still using the same principles that were used at their invention, a spinning metal disk inside a vacuum sealed container with magnetic heads to read and write data to and from the drive.
Over the past 10 years we have seen speeds increase not only in the rotation speed of the drive but also the transfer protocol, from a mere 5MB/s now up to speeds hitting 300MB/s. Its easy to see where the slowest part of your PC still lies, the magnetic storage units like HDD's and FDD's.
While still the slowest part of the PC, hard disk companies like Seagate have put as much time and effort as they humanly can into increasing the abilities of the current technology, and building on the future of the HDD market. Today we have in our labs the Seagate Barracuda 7200.9, Seagate's 9th generation desktop hard disk drive. This drive is built on the same technology that saw the 7200.8 dominate the HDD market and added some extra features to the mix.
So how does it stack up compared to its predecessor? Come and take a look.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance