It's clear that the battle between the big names is one that is an extremely close race. Gigabyte today has shown that it has ability to produce one of the most feature packed boards on the market as well as back it up with great performance to boot.
Layout, style and functionality are all excellent with only a few exceptions such as power plug placement and layout and placement of some of the ribbon cables need some thought, however, they are still within specifications.
Performance of the board is extremely impressive, able to top out the ASUS board on a number of tests. It stands out as a board to contend for your hard earned money and to choose between ASUS and Gigabyte on the I955X is hard to recommend one over the other; it's just a matter of personal choice.
Overall the motherboard was a joy to test and never caused us any problems during our tests, including the overclocking results. This is why we gave the Gigabyte GA-8I955X Royal the TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Editors Choice Award and it does have an awful lot going for it but remember the newer I975 chipset will be ready soon (towards the end of December) which supports a Dual Graphics interface for ATI Crossfire and maybe even nVidia SLI support.
Fastest I955X board to date in our labs
Support for Firewire-800 interface
Support for up to 10 hard disk drives (SATA and PATA)
Support for SATA-II interface
Dual Gigabit Ethernet
Dual RAID and IDE RAID
Cable placement could have a little better
Intel 975 replacement chipset coming out soon
Rating - 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA secures 81% of the GPU market according to JPR
- eSports betting startup Unikrn gets backed by Ashton Kutcher
- Naughty Dog announces March 18, 2016 release for Uncharted 4 on PS4
- Google is trying to make 4K video less demanding on your connection
- FBI says companies lost $1.2B due to email scams since October 2013
- ASUSTOR AS5004T Four-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- Gigabyte G1 z170 Gaming 7 motherboard.
- Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3C USB 3.1 Type-C Flash Drive Review
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20