It's clear that the battle between the big names is one that is an extremely close race. Gigabyte today has shown that it has ability to produce one of the most feature packed boards on the market as well as back it up with great performance to boot.
Layout, style and functionality are all excellent with only a few exceptions such as power plug placement and layout and placement of some of the ribbon cables need some thought, however, they are still within specifications.
Performance of the board is extremely impressive, able to top out the ASUS board on a number of tests. It stands out as a board to contend for your hard earned money and to choose between ASUS and Gigabyte on the I955X is hard to recommend one over the other; it's just a matter of personal choice.
Overall the motherboard was a joy to test and never caused us any problems during our tests, including the overclocking results. This is why we gave the Gigabyte GA-8I955X Royal the TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Editors Choice Award and it does have an awful lot going for it but remember the newer I975 chipset will be ready soon (towards the end of December) which supports a Dual Graphics interface for ATI Crossfire and maybe even nVidia SLI support.
Fastest I955X board to date in our labs
Support for Firewire-800 interface
Support for up to 10 hard disk drives (SATA and PATA)
Support for SATA-II interface
Dual Gigabit Ethernet
Dual RAID and IDE RAID
Cable placement could have a little better
Intel 975 replacement chipset coming out soon
Rating - 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon GPU tech will power Intel's next-gen iGPUs
- Titanfall 2 infographic reveal interesting information
- Apple's new MacBook Pro has crappy battery life
- Ben Affleck's solo Batman movie will arrive in 2018
- Battlefield 1's new update includes SLI fixes, and more
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand