It's clear that the battle between the big names is one that is an extremely close race. Gigabyte today has shown that it has ability to produce one of the most feature packed boards on the market as well as back it up with great performance to boot.
Layout, style and functionality are all excellent with only a few exceptions such as power plug placement and layout and placement of some of the ribbon cables need some thought, however, they are still within specifications.
Performance of the board is extremely impressive, able to top out the ASUS board on a number of tests. It stands out as a board to contend for your hard earned money and to choose between ASUS and Gigabyte on the I955X is hard to recommend one over the other; it's just a matter of personal choice.
Overall the motherboard was a joy to test and never caused us any problems during our tests, including the overclocking results. This is why we gave the Gigabyte GA-8I955X Royal the TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Editors Choice Award and it does have an awful lot going for it but remember the newer I975 chipset will be ready soon (towards the end of December) which supports a Dual Graphics interface for ATI Crossfire and maybe even nVidia SLI support.
Fastest I955X board to date in our labs
Support for Firewire-800 interface
Support for up to 10 hard disk drives (SATA and PATA)
Support for SATA-II interface
Dual Gigabit Ethernet
Dual RAID and IDE RAID
Cable placement could have a little better
Intel 975 replacement chipset coming out soon
Rating - 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' trailer keeps improving
- Intel next-gen Xeon: 59% faster, up to 6TB Optane RAM
- Facebook Live goes social with Live videos with friends
- OnePlus 5 will feature Snapdragon 835, confirms CEO
- Divinity Original Sin 2 launches this September
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017