It is no secret that the Pentium Extreme Edition CPU is Intel's push on the enthusiast market. The Pentium-XE as we call it supports two cores with Hyper-Threading on each allowing a maximum of four recognisable CPU's. Now for current games, we don't see any advantage, as most games can't even take advantage of two CPU's but for the multimedia masses and multitask who want to run not only a game, but a video as well as a MP3 ripping at the same time, this CPU is definitely going to be the goods for you.
One thing though is chipset support. While nVidia was supposed to have support for the Pentium-XE with the nForce 4 Intel Edition, it didn't turn out to have any - in fact, only one company has managed to get it working on this chipset, and not very well, but this is a discussion for a later article. This leaves only one chipset supporting the Pentium-XE at the time of writing, the I955X from Intel.
Gigabyte sent us their GA-8I955X Royal motherboard, their own attempt at putting a motherboard on the premium chopping blocks for the end users wanting the best performance and features to purchase.
Does it have we it takes to beat out our resident I955X powerhouse, the ASUS P5WD2? Read on to find out as we take a real close look at the motherboard from Gigabyte.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ben Affleck's solo Batman movie will arrive in 2018
- Battlefield 1's new update includes SLI fixes, and more
- Nintendo Switch accessories begin to get detailed
- 'Transformers 5' gets first trailer, explosions ensue
- PS4 Pro dev kit auctioned with 800GB of encrypted data
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand