OCZ PC4800 Platinum DDR SDRAM
Specifications from the OCZ website:
Available in a 1GB (2x512MB) Dual Channel Optimized Kit
Mirrored Platinum Copper Heatspreader
2.85 Volts (up to 3.0 Volts with EVP)
184 Pin DIMM
Tested to 2T, but may also run 1T on certain motherboards
From the specifications, we can see that the OCZ PC-4800 memory is designed for the high bandwidth overclockers - the default SPD timings are good but not as fast as PC3200 high grade RAM.
Nevertheless, you can also back down the clock speed and decrease (speed up) the timings. Plenty of options if you wish have a high RAM clock speed or tight timings, whatever you prefer.
Despite the gold RAM spreaders, the memory we have here is from the Platinum family. The actual model name is OCZ EL DDR PC-4800 Dual Channel Platinum which means it features Enhanced Latency (good timings), matched pair for Dual Channel and comes under the OCZ Platinum family name.
OCZ sent us their Dual Channel 1GB pack. This pack contains 2x 512MB memory modules with a Copper/Platinum heatspreader. OCZ requires this in order to run its EVP (Extended Voltage Protection) rating of up to 3.0 volts (give or take 5%) for DDR memory - this means you can go up to 3.0 volts while still keeping your warranty which is a big bonus when it comes to overclocking.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 4-player coop mode coming to Watch Dogs 2 in June
- The first images from the new Tomb Raider movie are here
- First 'IT' trailer brings Pennywise back to terrify
- ASUS announces GTX 1080 11Gbps, GTX 1060 9Gbps models
- MSI and ASUS tease new GTX 1080s with 11Gbps GDDR5X RAM
- GA-EP45-UD3R having wierd issues with 8 GB RAM
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design