OCZ PC4800 Platinum DDR SDRAM
Specifications from the OCZ website:
Available in a 1GB (2x512MB) Dual Channel Optimized Kit
Mirrored Platinum Copper Heatspreader
2.85 Volts (up to 3.0 Volts with EVP)
184 Pin DIMM
Tested to 2T, but may also run 1T on certain motherboards
From the specifications, we can see that the OCZ PC-4800 memory is designed for the high bandwidth overclockers - the default SPD timings are good but not as fast as PC3200 high grade RAM.
Nevertheless, you can also back down the clock speed and decrease (speed up) the timings. Plenty of options if you wish have a high RAM clock speed or tight timings, whatever you prefer.
Despite the gold RAM spreaders, the memory we have here is from the Platinum family. The actual model name is OCZ EL DDR PC-4800 Dual Channel Platinum which means it features Enhanced Latency (good timings), matched pair for Dual Channel and comes under the OCZ Platinum family name.
OCZ sent us their Dual Channel 1GB pack. This pack contains 2x 512MB memory modules with a Copper/Platinum heatspreader. OCZ requires this in order to run its EVP (Extended Voltage Protection) rating of up to 3.0 volts (give or take 5%) for DDR memory - this means you can go up to 3.0 volts while still keeping your warranty which is a big bonus when it comes to overclocking.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- The Mad Max game looks absolutely stunning in 8K
- OSVR updates its hardware, delivers 1080p 120Hz display and more
- WhatsApp is now home to 900 million users
- Toyota pledges $50 million into autonomous car research centers at MIT
- PowerColor's new dual-GPU has 16GB of VRAM, requires 1000W of power
- Reset BIOS on ASRock Beebox N3150 w/o mouse/keyb.
- Gigabyte GA-170-DH3
- TP-LINK Archer C3200 Tri-Band AC3200 Wireless Router Review
- Does my motherbord support this RAM ?
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit on GA990FXA-UD3 R5 advice for USB3 problem
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015