OCZ PC4800 Platinum DDR SDRAM
Specifications from the OCZ website:
Available in a 1GB (2x512MB) Dual Channel Optimized Kit
Mirrored Platinum Copper Heatspreader
2.85 Volts (up to 3.0 Volts with EVP)
184 Pin DIMM
Tested to 2T, but may also run 1T on certain motherboards
From the specifications, we can see that the OCZ PC-4800 memory is designed for the high bandwidth overclockers - the default SPD timings are good but not as fast as PC3200 high grade RAM.
Nevertheless, you can also back down the clock speed and decrease (speed up) the timings. Plenty of options if you wish have a high RAM clock speed or tight timings, whatever you prefer.
Despite the gold RAM spreaders, the memory we have here is from the Platinum family. The actual model name is OCZ EL DDR PC-4800 Dual Channel Platinum which means it features Enhanced Latency (good timings), matched pair for Dual Channel and comes under the OCZ Platinum family name.
OCZ sent us their Dual Channel 1GB pack. This pack contains 2x 512MB memory modules with a Copper/Platinum heatspreader. OCZ requires this in order to run its EVP (Extended Voltage Protection) rating of up to 3.0 volts (give or take 5%) for DDR memory - this means you can go up to 3.0 volts while still keeping your warranty which is a big bonus when it comes to overclocking.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- No Man's Sky now has less than 1000 players on Steam
- Doom update adds Deathmatch, private matches
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ram upgrade and settings
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now