OCZ PC4800 Platinum DDR SDRAM
Specifications from the OCZ website:
Available in a 1GB (2x512MB) Dual Channel Optimized Kit
Mirrored Platinum Copper Heatspreader
2.85 Volts (up to 3.0 Volts with EVP)
184 Pin DIMM
Tested to 2T, but may also run 1T on certain motherboards
From the specifications, we can see that the OCZ PC-4800 memory is designed for the high bandwidth overclockers - the default SPD timings are good but not as fast as PC3200 high grade RAM.
Nevertheless, you can also back down the clock speed and decrease (speed up) the timings. Plenty of options if you wish have a high RAM clock speed or tight timings, whatever you prefer.
Despite the gold RAM spreaders, the memory we have here is from the Platinum family. The actual model name is OCZ EL DDR PC-4800 Dual Channel Platinum which means it features Enhanced Latency (good timings), matched pair for Dual Channel and comes under the OCZ Platinum family name.
OCZ sent us their Dual Channel 1GB pack. This pack contains 2x 512MB memory modules with a Copper/Platinum heatspreader. OCZ requires this in order to run its EVP (Extended Voltage Protection) rating of up to 3.0 volts (give or take 5%) for DDR memory - this means you can go up to 3.0 volts while still keeping your warranty which is a big bonus when it comes to overclocking.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm and LG working on Snapdragon 845 for the LG G7
- Samsung's first dual camera phone leaks in a video
- Refurbished Samsung Galaxy Note7 pictured in the wild
- ASRock X299E-ITX/ac: up to 12C/24T CPU power in ITX form
- Gionee announces three new smartphones
- Lian Li PC-Q25B - distance between stand and edge of case
- LaCie Bolt3 2TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017