As always, ASUS have a nice big annoying box but why is it annoying you might ask? When you go to take a photo of it you have to find a whole lot of desk space so you can clean up the background. There is one thing we can say though and that is ASUS graphics cards are just never all box, they usually come with a bucket load of applications and games.
The front of the box lists the card, along with a list of main features, 512MB DDR3 onboard memory, Dual GPU, Dual DVI and so on. It's a monster product with monstrous specifications.
The box can be opened up and we find a huge description on some of the programs that are included in the package. It does give a good run down on some of the software and its something that you will probably find yourself reading while waiting for the drivers to install.
Turning the box over we have extended specifications on the card and some of the exclusive innovations that are included in the package, we also have a list of awards, what software is included along with a comparison of performance against SLI 6800GT. Like the Gigabyte 3D1, you do need to make sure the graphics card is compatible with your motherboard and we have a list on the bottom right. We will be using the A8N-SLI Premium today which caused us no grief at all.
Opening up the box is where we begin to have some fun. Having a look at what's included within the package we find ourselves with a massive external power supply to help provide enough juice to the card. Some may say a bit extreme others will simply be in awe of how cool it is that they need a separate power source to power the graphics card. Our opinion is the latter, of course.
We have a breakout box for the TV Out, HDTV Out and TV In function and a PCI Express power connector which is no use.
We have also got within the box two DVI to VGA connectors along with a switch card for people who use a motherboard that needs to adjust manually SLI and non SLI.
We have a massive CD pile which includes Xpand Rally, ASUS VGA driver, Virtual Drive 9, ASUSDVD, Project Snowblind, PowerDirector, Multi Language Manual and Media@Show. More then enough to keep any gamer busy.
Also included in the package is the power connector for the card. Such a big card requires a big amount of power and instead of causing unnecessary load on the computer the 7800GT Dual comes with a separate transformer.
Last and what we think is least we have a big fat manual that is only useful for swatting flies in this Australian heat. (Editor Note: You know, you should actually read it just in case and learn to ignore the blowies )
The front of the box also states that QUAD VGA is supported, while it isn't on this particular model there is a piece of paper inside that states that the mass production model will have the two VGA ports so you can make use of quad VGA output.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - CPU Overclocking]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch battery life analysis
- Resident Evil 7 isn't coming to Nintendo Switch
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild's Hyrule is bigger than Skyrim
- 'Rogue One' captures plans for $1B worldwide box office
- Huawei P10: Curved display and front fingerprint sensor?
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni