Test System Setup
Processor(s): Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHz w/HyperThreading
Motherboard(s): Intel 845-based motherboard
Memory: 2 x 512MB PC3200
Hard Disk(s): Western Digital 80GB SATA
Operating System Used: Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2
Drivers Used: ATI Catalyst 5.10 and DX9c
Our benchmarks are a combination of synthetic tests and real-world gaming tests. This is aimed to give the card a workout with a balance of pure DirectX 9.0-rendered graphics and some real-life gaming performance. The synthetic 3DMark benchmarks give a great indication of the card's capabilities under extreme stress, giving a common result which can be easily compared to other systems. The gaming benchmarks explore how the card handles the various high-end gaming engines on the market at the moment.
As usual, we'll also look into overclockability of the card and what performance increases we see from this aspect. Let's begin!
Version and / or Patch Used: Build 360
Developer Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com
Product Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com/products/3dmark03/
By combining full DX8 and partial DX9 support with completely new tests and graphics over the previous version, 3DMark03 continues the legacy of being the industry standard 3D benchmark.
Please Note: Due to recent events with the 3DMark03 series, we are adding results purely for those who are still in favour of 3DMark03. These results should not be taken too seriously and are only added for interest sakes.
As you can see from our results, the HIS X700 IceQ managed 6068 marks at 1024x768 and 3208 at 1600x1200 - a drop of 47%. While this is expected given the extra processing load, it doesn't scale evenly. A screen rendered at 1600x1200 contains 2.5 time the number of pixels than a screen rendered at 1024x768, whereas the performance only dropped by half.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Package]
- Page 4 [The Card]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 2]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Graphics Card Overclocking]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen CPU combo with Corsair AIO cooler on Amazon
- Samsung's Galaxy S8+ sports huge 6.2-inch display
- Samsung's new Exynos 9 chip: 4K 120FPS camera tech
- The latest photos and details on AMD Radeon Vega
- AMD reboots itself with Ryzen, and Vega is next
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- Z270 Supercarrier - blackscreen 09/d0, cannot switch to backup BIOS
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood