The HIS X700 IceQ is dominated by the IceQ heatsink and heat extractor. Air is pulled in by the large fan at the back and drawn across the heatsink fins and then out the back of the case. The size of the cooling unit forces it to take up two case riser slots. In our test system, the neighbouring PCI slot was completely covered, and the one next to that was effectively unusable. That's a sizable physical footprint, and substantially greater than most other cards based on the X700 chipset.
To power the IceQ hardware, external power is required by means of a four-pin connector, of the same type used to power floppy disk drives. Again, this is a fairly unique feature in X700-based cards which don't natively require extra power beyond that supplied by through the bus.
The back of the card sports the ATI Rialto chip, which translates what is essentially a PCI-Express card to AGP. Outputs are DVI, analogue and S-Video.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Package]
- Page 4 [The Card]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 2]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Graphics Card Overclocking]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare ARG reveals faction details
- PNY launches its new GeForce GTX 950/GTX 960 XLR8 OC series
- AMD's next-gen Polaris GPUs get busted on GFXBench
- NVIDIA's purported GeForce GTX 1060 will rock 6GB of RAM
- Windows 95 has been installed onto an Apple Watch... because why not
- AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition (RSCE) 16.4.2 Overview
- Sabertooth Z170 S - Accessory fan
- C2750D4I BMC Self Test Status Failure
- WD 1TB Black drive memory dump while Win 7 installed.
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched