The HIS X700 IceQ is dominated by the IceQ heatsink and heat extractor. Air is pulled in by the large fan at the back and drawn across the heatsink fins and then out the back of the case. The size of the cooling unit forces it to take up two case riser slots. In our test system, the neighbouring PCI slot was completely covered, and the one next to that was effectively unusable. That's a sizable physical footprint, and substantially greater than most other cards based on the X700 chipset.
To power the IceQ hardware, external power is required by means of a four-pin connector, of the same type used to power floppy disk drives. Again, this is a fairly unique feature in X700-based cards which don't natively require extra power beyond that supplied by through the bus.
The back of the card sports the ATI Rialto chip, which translates what is essentially a PCI-Express card to AGP. Outputs are DVI, analogue and S-Video.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Package]
- Page 4 [The Card]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 2]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Graphics Card Overclocking]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Third 'Cloverfield' film revealed & delayed by 8 months
- John Glenn, the first American to orbit the Earth, dies
- AMD reboots its drivers with Crimson ReLive Edition
- Faraday Future car will have cameras instead of mirrors
- SpaceX's December launch postponed until early January
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel