The HIS X700 IceQ is dominated by the IceQ heatsink and heat extractor. Air is pulled in by the large fan at the back and drawn across the heatsink fins and then out the back of the case. The size of the cooling unit forces it to take up two case riser slots. In our test system, the neighbouring PCI slot was completely covered, and the one next to that was effectively unusable. That's a sizable physical footprint, and substantially greater than most other cards based on the X700 chipset.
To power the IceQ hardware, external power is required by means of a four-pin connector, of the same type used to power floppy disk drives. Again, this is a fairly unique feature in X700-based cards which don't natively require extra power beyond that supplied by through the bus.
The back of the card sports the ATI Rialto chip, which translates what is essentially a PCI-Express card to AGP. Outputs are DVI, analogue and S-Video.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Package]
- Page 4 [The Card]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 2]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Graphics Card Overclocking]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Save Over 20% on the World's Smallest First-Person-View Drone
- Raspberry Pi gets experimental GPU acceleration, games now playable
- Google announces it will stop displaying Flash ads as of Jan 2, 2017
- NASA provides MIT with humanoid robot, will help out space missions
- Tesla's Model 3 priced as low as $25,000 after tax subsidies in the US
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance