HIS have put together an attractive and comprehensive package with this card. The card itself is flexible enough adapt to any task, and the bundled software reinforces this - it would function extremely well as the graphical foundation for a high-end workstation, media box or gaming rig. The chipset doesn't offer the same grunt as some of the other cards available in the AGP range, but if high resolutions and visual effects aren't a priority then it will handle any recent release game at 1024x768 with AA and AF turned off.
The IceQ technology has its pros and cons. The comparatively massive case footprint is a negative - it really does take up a stack of room - although the extra power draw is minimal, and shouldn't stress out any power supply above 300W. IceQ was, however, instrumental in allowing us to overclock the card so aggressively, and our benchmarking applications responded very favourably. Making use of this technology, you could crank the card up to compete favourably with more expensive alternatives.
Overall the HIS X700 AGP is a good graphics cards for mid-range users, it won't cost you too much but on the same hand it will offer good gaming performance at 1024x768 and even better when you begin overclocking.
Aggressive IceQ cooling
Excellent overclocking capabilities
Renders 2 PCI slots inaccessible
Poor 3D performance at high resolutions
Struggles with applied visual effects (AA and AF)
Rating - 8 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Package]
- Page 4 [The Card]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 2]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Graphics Card Overclocking]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Four-part Mass Effect book series links original trilogy to Andromeda
- Sonic the Hedgehog's new 2017 game to have 'huge emphasis on quality'
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- X170 EXTREME ECC Build
- GA-Z77-UD5H and W10 Sata Port Recognition?
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines