HIS have put together an attractive and comprehensive package with this card. The card itself is flexible enough adapt to any task, and the bundled software reinforces this - it would function extremely well as the graphical foundation for a high-end workstation, media box or gaming rig. The chipset doesn't offer the same grunt as some of the other cards available in the AGP range, but if high resolutions and visual effects aren't a priority then it will handle any recent release game at 1024x768 with AA and AF turned off.
The IceQ technology has its pros and cons. The comparatively massive case footprint is a negative - it really does take up a stack of room - although the extra power draw is minimal, and shouldn't stress out any power supply above 300W. IceQ was, however, instrumental in allowing us to overclock the card so aggressively, and our benchmarking applications responded very favourably. Making use of this technology, you could crank the card up to compete favourably with more expensive alternatives.
Overall the HIS X700 AGP is a good graphics cards for mid-range users, it won't cost you too much but on the same hand it will offer good gaming performance at 1024x768 and even better when you begin overclocking.
Aggressive IceQ cooling
Excellent overclocking capabilities
Renders 2 PCI slots inaccessible
Poor 3D performance at high resolutions
Struggles with applied visual effects (AA and AF)
Rating - 8 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Package]
- Page 4 [The Card]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 2]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Graphics Card Overclocking]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ASUS crams a pair of GTX 1080s into beastly ROG G31 Edition 10 PC
- ASUS teases the Ghost Rider custom PC at Computex 2016
- Go backstage with 'Steve Jobs' in our Blu-ray giveaway
- ASUS's new ZenFone 3 flagship rocks 6GB RAM, Snapdragon 820, USB C
- ASUS's ultra-thin ZenBook 3 is twice as fast as a MacBook
- Z170 Extreme7+ Correct USB drivers Win10 x64
- Z170 Fatal1ty Gaming K4 & 950 NVMe M.2 SSD question
- Problem entering bios on new build
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 - Titan X Performance For Under $400
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Patriot presents UHS-II capable EP PRO-II SDXC and microSDXC
- Patriot announces 2TB Ignite SSD
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the new Level 10 Advanced gaming mouse
- EVGA announces its GeForce GTX 1080 series
- Palit announces the GeForce GTX 1080 GameRock and Super JetStream