HIS have put together an attractive and comprehensive package with this card. The card itself is flexible enough adapt to any task, and the bundled software reinforces this - it would function extremely well as the graphical foundation for a high-end workstation, media box or gaming rig. The chipset doesn't offer the same grunt as some of the other cards available in the AGP range, but if high resolutions and visual effects aren't a priority then it will handle any recent release game at 1024x768 with AA and AF turned off.
The IceQ technology has its pros and cons. The comparatively massive case footprint is a negative - it really does take up a stack of room - although the extra power draw is minimal, and shouldn't stress out any power supply above 300W. IceQ was, however, instrumental in allowing us to overclock the card so aggressively, and our benchmarking applications responded very favourably. Making use of this technology, you could crank the card up to compete favourably with more expensive alternatives.
Overall the HIS X700 AGP is a good graphics cards for mid-range users, it won't cost you too much but on the same hand it will offer good gaming performance at 1024x768 and even better when you begin overclocking.
Aggressive IceQ cooling
Excellent overclocking capabilities
Renders 2 PCI slots inaccessible
Poor 3D performance at high resolutions
Struggles with applied visual effects (AA and AF)
Rating - 8 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Package]
- Page 4 [The Card]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 2]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Graphics Card Overclocking]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple veteran leaves for Oculus, will run VR hardware
- Razer servers fail again, profiles flicked to default
- Final 'Ghost in the Shell' trailer drops in
- Elon Musk wants to link your brain to a machine
- Nintendo US boss: Switch reaction has been 'remarkable'
- Export Windows Live Mail to Outlook & Exchange Server 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007
- Export Mailboxes from Exchange Server EDB to PST for Outlook 2013, 2016, 2010, 2007
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- DDR3 RAM question
- OST to PST Converter
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design
- Razer to launch paid to play initiative to reward fans for playing games