Benchmarks - Graphics Card Overclocking
The internal core and memory speeds of graphics cards (and for that matter, motherboards and CPUs) which hit the shelves have been carefully tested by the manufacturers for stability and longevity. They're not going to give you something designed to burn out in six months. However, this often means that there's quite a bit of room to make some improvements - enter GPU overclocking.
The weapon of choice for overclocking ATI chipsets is undeniably ATITool. We used the auto-overclocking feature, and thanks to the impressive performance of the IceQ cooling unit, the card was able to be aggressively overclocked to a core speed of 480MHz and a memory speed of 445MHz or 890MHz DDR (increases of 20% and 21% respectively). Not surprisingly, the resulting boosts in benchmark performance were pretty substantial.
3DMark03 and 3DMark05 demonstrated performance boosts of 18% and 24% respectively - pretty impressive for such demanding applications.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Package]
- Page 4 [The Card]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 2]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Graphics Card Overclocking]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PowerColor Radeon RX 480 Devil can hit 1.4GHz with triple-fan cooler
- NVIDIA rumored to launch GeForce GTX 1060 next week, will fight RX 480
- AMD's next-gen 'Naples' processor spotted, features 64 CPU threads
- AMD acquires HiAlgo which works on dynamic resoution scaling, and more
- These seven new Pokemon are quite...interesting
- Insight Needed for RAM upgrade issue.
- Doom Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Cant overclock RAM
- How will windows 10 affect my D, E and F drives?
- Updated BIOS on E3C226D2I now can't boot from USB
- MSI starring new Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 graphics card
- AMD launches the Radeon Rebellion with the Radeon RX 480 video card, available now
- SAPPHIRE launches next generation Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 video card
- Be Quiet! announces the Dark Base 900 case
- Western Digital launches world's fastest 256GB microSD Card