Benchmarks - Graphics Card Overclocking
The internal core and memory speeds of graphics cards (and for that matter, motherboards and CPUs) which hit the shelves have been carefully tested by the manufacturers for stability and longevity. They're not going to give you something designed to burn out in six months. However, this often means that there's quite a bit of room to make some improvements - enter GPU overclocking.
The weapon of choice for overclocking ATI chipsets is undeniably ATITool. We used the auto-overclocking feature, and thanks to the impressive performance of the IceQ cooling unit, the card was able to be aggressively overclocked to a core speed of 480MHz and a memory speed of 445MHz or 890MHz DDR (increases of 20% and 21% respectively). Not surprisingly, the resulting boosts in benchmark performance were pretty substantial.
3DMark03 and 3DMark05 demonstrated performance boosts of 18% and 24% respectively - pretty impressive for such demanding applications.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Package]
- Page 4 [The Card]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 2]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Graphics Card Overclocking]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA confirms the GeForce GTX 1080 cooler, kinda
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 leaked benchmarks tease 8GB RAM at 10GHz
- Live TV coming to YouTube coming next year, sources say
- Battlefield 5's first in-engine footage revealed
- DayZ 0.60 beta features DX11 renderer, massively improved framerates
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Slim Drive 2TB USB C Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R won't post
- Creative iRoar Intelligent Bluetooth Speaker Review
- x5450 on ep43-s3l overclock help
- Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming-5P | Intermittent Boot Failure & USB Crashes in Windows 10
- Turtle Beach reinvents eSports gaming headsets with the Elite Pro
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat
- The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia to debut this Thursday; full schedule revealed
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini