SLI is definitely one of the biggest talking points of the nVidia chipset community right now. Designed back in the PCI based Voodoo2 graphics board days as a way of boosting the overall frame rate of the very first 3D based graphics cards, although in a slightly different flavour these days, it is still all the rage.
When it comes to the SLI side of things, its not impossible to get an SLI setup on a budget - a 6600GT or cheaper LE or 6800 SLI would be a great option for your semi-budget LAN gamers rig, but what about the motherboard side of things? Prices of nVidia's nForce4 SLI motherboards are currently worth around $220 USD (roughly $300 AUD) in Australia, which is until now.
Albatron are one of Taiwan's leading budget motherboard manufacturers, with designs for low cost motherboards as well as mid-range enthusiast motherboards, Albatron is simply not just a value orientated company.
Today we are looking at the Albatron K8SLI motherboard based on nVidia's nForce4 SLI chipset for the AMD Athlon 64 processor based around the value segment requirements - will this board hold up to the test? Let's have a closer look.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Features]
- Page 4 [Overclocking]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Series]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 2]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- The first screenshots from the System Shock remake arrive
- AMD's new Zen APUs to deliver Xbox One/PS4 level performance in 2017
- The first gameplay footage from Far Cry Primal has arrived
- Batman: Arkham Knight PC update reduces framerate hitching
- Fallout 4 mod fixes compass glitch caused by Crimson Edition driver
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS