SLI is definitely one of the biggest talking points of the nVidia chipset community right now. Designed back in the PCI based Voodoo2 graphics board days as a way of boosting the overall frame rate of the very first 3D based graphics cards, although in a slightly different flavour these days, it is still all the rage.
When it comes to the SLI side of things, its not impossible to get an SLI setup on a budget - a 6600GT or cheaper LE or 6800 SLI would be a great option for your semi-budget LAN gamers rig, but what about the motherboard side of things? Prices of nVidia's nForce4 SLI motherboards are currently worth around $220 USD (roughly $300 AUD) in Australia, which is until now.
Albatron are one of Taiwan's leading budget motherboard manufacturers, with designs for low cost motherboards as well as mid-range enthusiast motherboards, Albatron is simply not just a value orientated company.
Today we are looking at the Albatron K8SLI motherboard based on nVidia's nForce4 SLI chipset for the AMD Athlon 64 processor based around the value segment requirements - will this board hold up to the test? Let's have a closer look.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Features]
- Page 4 [Overclocking]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Series]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 2]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Light's new camera has 16 camera sensors, takes 52-megapixel photos
- HP unveils its new 34-inch curved all-in-one 'Envy' PC
- Netflix increases its $8.99 per month plan to $9.99 per month
- 'Furious 8' finally lands a director
- NVIDIA rumored to discontinue the 2GB version of the GeForce GTX 960
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points