Packaging and a Closer Look
Our drives arrived in retail packaging. Packaging carries a capacity call out at the top right with reliability and workload ratings below.
The backside gives a bit more info on the drive including its compatibility with up to eight-bay systems. Down below there is a hard drive lineup comparison from Toshiba.
The drive itself has a small sticker on the front with all the relevant model and capacity information. To the top right capacity at 8TB and cache at 128M.
The drive follows standard practice for compatibility with drive trays and backplanes.
Removing the PCB, there are a set of thermal pads for conducting heat from the PCB. The bottom left houses connectivity pins with the drive motor on copper pads.
The N300 takes advantage of the Marvell 8811017 controller while Winbond provides the 128M of cache.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Toshiba America Electronic Components N300 8TB NAS 3.5" Internal Hard Drive- SATA 6 Gb/s 7200 RPM 128MB (HDWN180XZSTA) 8000 3.5 Internal Bare/OEM Drive retails for $276.95 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild looks GLORIOUS in 1080p 60FPS
- Xbox One X day one 'Scorpio Edition' console teased
- Galaxy Note 8 might rock next-gen Qualcomm camera tech
- ASUS STRIX Vega 64 tested, loses to reference RX Vega 64
- AMD addresses Radeon RX Vega pricing, stock issues
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes