Circuit Analysis Continued
The audio hardware on this motherboard consists of the Realtek ALC1220 codec along with a Texas Instruments NE5532 amplifier. Gold series audio capacitors and physical PCB isolation help to improve overall audio signal quality.
Intel's i211AT and i219v are used to provide dual Intel Gbit LAN on the rear IO. The i211AT is a standalone controller while the i219v is a PHY is requires the integrated MAC in the PCH to become whole.
Intel's Wireless AC 3168NGW is a 1x1 433Mbps Wireless AC card, and it also offers Bluetooth. It's not as fast as 867Mbps 2x2 WIFI cards, but it does get the job done if you need internet connectivity. USB 3.1 comes from the new ASMedia ASM3142 USB 3.1 controller that uses two PCI-E 3.0 lanes along with an ASMedia ASM1543 type-C switch and controller chip.
An ASMedia ASM1074 USB 3.0 hub provides both the internal headers with the bandwidth of a single USB 3.0 link from the PCH. An ASMedia ASM1061 provides two extra SATA6Gb/s ports, for a total of ten.
ASRock has a custom Flash Back chip, which I assume is similar to ASUS's "BIOS" chip in that it provides USB BIOS recovery from a file on a USB stick inserted into a specific USB port on the rear IO. The ASmedia ASM1184e provides four PCI-E ports from just one. I assume it outputs to the PCI-E x1 slot, WIFI card, and ASM1061.
The nuvoton NCT6791D is the main superior. The nuvoton N76E885 is used as a microcontroller that provides extra features such as RGB LED support; I found the same IC on ASRock Z270 motherboards with RGB LED features.
The ICS 6V41742B is used as the clock generator on the motherboard; it enhances BCLK overclocking margins. All of these PCI-E quick switches and bus switches help to shift around a very confusing PCI-E lane arrangement, at least ASRock moved them to the back of the motherboard, so they don't interfere with the overall look of the product.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X299 Taichi Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock X299 Taichi Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock X299 Taichi Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [VRM and System Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown: we want PC version of PUBG on Xbox
- Xbox One X pre-orders available now
- 100 games will be enhanced on Xbox One X
- Our 'Guardians' giveaway is out of this Galaxy!
- Path of Exile launches August 24 on Xbox One
- Xbox's next system-seller may be an early access titan
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Movie Review
- Looking for Lian Li PC-C37 pdf manual as links from Lian Li website are broken
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect