MSI has saved the best for what will most likely be last, at least until we get to the next generation GeForce graphics cards that I'm sure NVIDIA is preparing to retaliate with after AMD launches Radeon RX Vega later this month and into August. We have the usual three different overclocking profiles, with Silent/Gaming/Lightning modes.
- Silent Mode: GPU (1480/1582MHz) VRAM (11,016MHz)
- Gaming Mode: GPU (1582/1695MHz) VRAM (11,124MHz)
- Lightning Mode: GPU (1607/1721MHz) VRAM (11,124MHz)
Of course, these are just MSI's recommended GPU clocks - with our sample hitting closer to 1975MHz or so GPU boost clocks. Overclocking wise, we'll get into that soon.
LN2 Mode Switch
MSI slides into its own territory with the inclusion of an LN2 mode switch on their new GTX 1080 Ti LIGHTNING Z, so with a single flick of the LN2 switch, your card will switch to another BIOS ready for overclocking under LN2.
The LN2 mode switch will unlock the power, current, and thermal limits, letting you push things to an entirely new level.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The first official pictures of Radeon RX Vega leaked
- AMD Vega 20 with 32GB of HBM2 teased with Vega 10/11/12
- Coolest thing you'll see today: 360° video from a rocket
- Intel hits record $14.8 billion second quarter earnings
- Battlegrounds on Xbox One X: 30-40FPS with 100 in server
- Fnatic Gear RUSH G1 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Asrock A88M-G/3.1 + A10-7860K = freezes in the idle state
- ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 Dual 3G: Mid-Range On The Cheap
- AMD Ryzen 3 1300X and Ryzen 3 1200 CPU Review
- Lian-Li PC-O5SW...Watercooling and dimensions
- Toshiba introduces TR200 SATA retail SSD series with 64-layer 3D flash memory
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers