Synthetic Benchmarks in games show us that the CPU operates just like the 7700K. Performance levels are quite strong, even compared to a few of the higher core count CPUs. Oddly enough, in Unigine Heaven 4.0 at 720P, the 7740X performs better than all the CPUs, but at 1080P it performs worse. It's one of the oddest things I have seen and might be due to the platform.
The way that PCI-E lanes are routed on X299 differs greatly compared to other platforms. Allowing the x16 of lanes to operate on the same board as the 28 and 44 lane CPUs is no easy task. I had also heard rumors that the first x16 on Kaby Lake-X CPUs is routed to where the last lanes on the higher core count CPUs are. That would allow the bifurcation of the CPU's PCI-E lanes so that you could split the x16 lanes into x8/x4/x4.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Intel Core i7-7740X X-Series Kaby Lake-X CPU retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Intel Core i7-7740X X-Series Kaby Lake-X CPU retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Splatoon 2 sells 670,995 copies in 3 days in Japan
- AMD shares rise 8% riding Ryzen and GPU excitement
- USB 3.2 announced, packs double the bandwidth of USB 3.1
- India bans autonomous cars to protect against job losses
- Colorful iGame GTX 1080 Ti Kudan rocks MASSIVE cooler
- Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB DDR4-3000 RAM Kit Review
- Phanteks Evolv Shift SFF Chassis Review
- GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Comic-Con 2017 trailer round-up: MCU vs DCEU vs the rest
- ADATA Debuts XPG SPECTRIX D40 RGB DDR4 RAM
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology