The Sapphire Radeon X1800XL is a great graphics card and it is going to be a perfect option for people who can't afford to spend the extra dollars to buy the XT variant of the new generation. The X1800XL unlike the X1800XT is available now, which is excellent news for people who just couldn't bring themselves to purchase a GeForce 7800GT or 7800GTX from nVidia.
The bundle included within the Sapphire X1800XL is healthy and the Sapphire Select program is a nice addition. It works by it giving you a number of options for recent released games - it allows you to unlock a number of games depending on the number of keys you have (two in this case) to get the full version.
There is no doubt that some people are going to want to wait for the X1800XT but if you cant hold back any longer and you are using anything from an X800PRO or below, the jump to an X1800XL is going to be very welcome change for you.
Out of the two drivers we tried on the X1K graphics cards, as far as we can tell one driver is a WHQL one while the other is more of a beta driver yet both released on the same date. We can safely say you'll see more performance refinements from ATI in upcoming driver releases.
Ideal upgrade from X800PRO and below
Single slot design
Dual DVI and VIVO
TRIXX overclocking tool doesn't work (yet)
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - CPU Overclocking]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft says The Division being held back on PC 'simply not true'
- Telstra outage in Australia caused by 'embarrassing human error'
- Explosive new 'Independence Day' TV spot, poster go live
- Rise of the Tomb Raider could soon receive DX12 abilities
- The Division will require 32GB of HDD space on the Xbox One
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance