Today we not only have our first R520 series graphics card in our hands but also our first full retail offering. While nVidia were able to release their GeForce 7800GTX and GT the day of launch, ATI were unable to match it with the best being the Radeon X1800XL coming after a week or after the initial launch.
While this is a lot better then previous releases by ATI, it would have been nice to see their top of the line X1800XT being released at the same time - unfortunately we are still roughly a month off before it gets into the retail channel and we aren't too sure about supply. Fingers crossed those ATI enthusiasts will get their hands on an X1800XT before Christmas.
ATI's new X1800XL is a similar VPU to the XT variant however clock speeds are slower - both have the same amount of pipelines. The XT variant is available with onboard memory up to 512MB while the XL only has 256MB of GDDR3 memory. Sapphire has clocked the core of their retail card at 500MHz and the memory at 1GHz DDR - the same as the ATI specification. The XT variant is clocked substantially higher at a core clock speed of 625MHz and memory clock speed of 1.5GHz DDR, according to the ATI specification.
Sapphire gave us the heads up the other day that their Radeon X1800XL was coming off their factory line extremely soon and shipped to us straight away. As far as we can tell, this is one of the first retail offerings to be benchmarked so let's see what Sapphire have done package wise and have a look at one of the first X1800XL retail cards which is actually available on the market.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - CPU Overclocking]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dishonored 2 lets you play as Corvo or Emily, has dynamic endings
- New Watch Dogs 2 lead character reportedly leaked
- YouTube testing clean Material design
- Twitter stock falls to all-time low
- The Rock's alarm clock app inspires you to get up in the morning
- ارقام تليفونات شارب || 01014723434 || توكيل تكيف شارب || 01225025360 |
- x5450 on ep43-s3l overclock help
- Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming-5P | Intermittent Boot Failure & USB Crashes in Windows 10
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Mobile Drive 4TB USB C Review
- Asus F2A85-M won't go into BIOS
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat
- The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia to debut this Thursday; full schedule revealed
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience