Test System Setup
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (Winchester)
Memory: 2x 512MB Corsair DDR-533
Hard Disk: 2x Seagate 7200.8 400GB SATA (Supplied by Seagate)
Graphics Card: ASUS X800XT Platinum (Supplied by ASUS)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP SP2
Drivers: ATI Catalyst 5.9 and DX9c
We've used an ASUS Radeon X800XT Platinum PCI Express graphics card to compare the performance of the ASRock motherboard against the ULi reference motherboard and EPoX 9NPA Ultra which is based on nVidia's nForce4 Ultra chipset.
We can confirm that the AGP port functions as mentioned - we have a proper AGP controller in use and not bridged PCI ports which results in standard performance results of the AGP port. Since AGP is fading away now, we didn't bother testing AGP performance but it is still good to know you can buy this motherboard and use your current AGP graphics card to its full ability and upgrade to PCI Express later when you are ready.
So how can the value orientated ASRock motherboard compete against the higher-end EPoX motherboard based on the nVidia chipset?
Version and / or Patch Used:: 2005 SR2a
Developer Homepage: http://www.sisoftware.co.uk
Product Homepage: http://sisoftware.jaggedonline.com/index.php?location=home&a=TTA&lang=en
SiSoft Sandra (System ANalyser, Diagnostic and Reporting Assistant) is a synthetic Windows benchmark that features different tests used to evaluate different PC subsystems.
Since the onboard memory controller on the CPU never changes, we would expect to see identical results.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung making next-gen 4K mobile displays with 800PPI
- HIS roars, launches their Radeon RX 500 series cards
- Intel launching 12C/24T chips with X299 on May 30
- GTA V is teaching autonomous cars how to drive
- Twitch plans to rope YouTubers with new tip system
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- Looking for instant flash bios files for P67 Pro3 B3
- Planet Earth II 4K Blu-ray Review
- Promise Technology Apollo Cloud 2TB Review
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club
- Nokia announces next-generation technologies for the advancement of virtual reality with 'OZO Reality' vision and partner ecosystem
- Razer expands the Razer Hammerhead v2 in-ear audio line with Bluetooth and iOS Lightning models
- MSI announces new thin and light GP62X and GP72X Leopard Pro Series gaming laptops
- EK is releasing Full-Cover water blocks for the ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti