Test System Setup
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (Winchester)
Memory: 2x 512MB Corsair DDR-533
Hard Disk: 2x Seagate 7200.8 400GB SATA (Supplied by Seagate)
Graphics Card: ASUS X800XT Platinum (Supplied by ASUS)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP SP2
Drivers: ATI Catalyst 5.9 and DX9c
We've used an ASUS Radeon X800XT Platinum PCI Express graphics card to compare the performance of the ASRock motherboard against the ULi reference motherboard and EPoX 9NPA Ultra which is based on nVidia's nForce4 Ultra chipset.
We can confirm that the AGP port functions as mentioned - we have a proper AGP controller in use and not bridged PCI ports which results in standard performance results of the AGP port. Since AGP is fading away now, we didn't bother testing AGP performance but it is still good to know you can buy this motherboard and use your current AGP graphics card to its full ability and upgrade to PCI Express later when you are ready.
So how can the value orientated ASRock motherboard compete against the higher-end EPoX motherboard based on the nVidia chipset?
Version and / or Patch Used:: 2005 SR2a
Developer Homepage: http://www.sisoftware.co.uk
Product Homepage: http://sisoftware.jaggedonline.com/index.php?location=home&a=TTA&lang=en
SiSoft Sandra (System ANalyser, Diagnostic and Reporting Assistant) is a synthetic Windows benchmark that features different tests used to evaluate different PC subsystems.
Since the onboard memory controller on the CPU never changes, we would expect to see identical results.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- It's morphin time for new 'Power Rangers' trailer
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni