Test System Setup
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (Winchester)
Memory: 2x 512MB Corsair DDR-533
Hard Disk: 2x Seagate 7200.8 400GB SATA (Supplied by Seagate)
Graphics Card: ASUS X800XT Platinum (Supplied by ASUS)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP SP2
Drivers: ATI Catalyst 5.9 and DX9c
We've used an ASUS Radeon X800XT Platinum PCI Express graphics card to compare the performance of the ASRock motherboard against the ULi reference motherboard and EPoX 9NPA Ultra which is based on nVidia's nForce4 Ultra chipset.
We can confirm that the AGP port functions as mentioned - we have a proper AGP controller in use and not bridged PCI ports which results in standard performance results of the AGP port. Since AGP is fading away now, we didn't bother testing AGP performance but it is still good to know you can buy this motherboard and use your current AGP graphics card to its full ability and upgrade to PCI Express later when you are ready.
So how can the value orientated ASRock motherboard compete against the higher-end EPoX motherboard based on the nVidia chipset?
Version and / or Patch Used:: 2005 SR2a
Developer Homepage: http://www.sisoftware.co.uk
Product Homepage: http://sisoftware.jaggedonline.com/index.php?location=home&a=TTA&lang=en
SiSoft Sandra (System ANalyser, Diagnostic and Reporting Assistant) is a synthetic Windows benchmark that features different tests used to evaluate different PC subsystems.
Since the onboard memory controller on the CPU never changes, we would expect to see identical results.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Quantum Break on Steam missing SLI support, DirectX 12
- NX will get Nintendo 'back into the race,' says Ubisoft
- Commodore 64 still running auto shop after 25 years
- Get this $100 programmable gaming keyboard for just $55
- Apple's next-gen MacBook Pro expected mid-October
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now