Control of this platform comes completely from the app. We are using it with our iPhone 7 Plus. To get started, you will want to plug in your first device alone and go through the next few steps using Bluetooth on your phone to set up the app. Once the first unit is complete, the app allows you to set up additional units one by one.
Diving into the dashboard, you get a quick overview of how many devices are on the system and your latest WAN upload and download speed. At the top, you can see all the Deco units in your Mesh network.
The settings menu gives you access to Wi-Fi and parental control along with the built-in anti-virus and QoS.
The AntiVirus platform is a partnership with TrendMicro. It includes a malicious content filter, intrusion, and quarantine systems.
Parental controls are among the easiest to setup. You simply name it, choose a filter level, and apply time controls if needed.
QoS allows you to choose what is most important to you and the Deco will adjust bandwidth accordingly.
Advanced controls include IPv4 and IPv6 controls along with the ability to control the small LED on the top of each unit. You can adjust notifications here too.
Control for notifications is limited to devices connecting to your network, firmware updates and reports and the end of each month.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The TP-Link Deco M5 AC1300 Wireless Mesh System retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The TP-Link Deco M5 AC1300 Wireless Mesh System retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability, and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Router Details]
- Page 3 [Management GUI Details]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ARK cross-platform play on PS4 and PC BLOCKED by Sony
- Microsoft builds its own AI hardware: Project Brainwave
- HP Omen X gaming notebook: GTX 1080, 120Hz LCD, more
- Final Fantasy XV doesn't need 170GB HDD space on PC
- Bungie couldn't get Destiny 2 to hit 60FPS on consoles
- Killer Networking - Killer control center new version (Z97X Gaming 5)
- GIGABYTE X399 AORUS Gaming 7 TR4 Motherboard Review
- Linksys WRT32x AC3200 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- Massive drop in temps by lowering "VCCPLL OC" in BIOS: Is the reported temperature correct?
- Intel details 8th Generation Core CPUs with Kaby Lake-R
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience