Inside the CMT210
With a hole at the bottom to grasp the bezel with, it is easily removed from the front of the CMT210. At the same time, we see that the wires are attached to the bezel and that the dust filter inside of the bezel is fastened into the plastic, making it tough to remove and clean.
The inside of the chassis is one vast chamber, only broken up by the HDD cage where the hardware is strapped to. The chassis wires are run behind the tray at the top but return to the front at the bottom, and are tied together, so they do not flop around and cause any damage in transport.
The front of the CMT210, at the top, we see that the front of the chassis has slots to accept 120mm and 140mm fans at nearly any height and adjustment. There is not an ODD bay in this case, but we do see two of the 2.5" drive mounting locations built into the motherboard tray.
Still, at the front of the chassis, just this time looking towards the floor, we find the 120mm blue LED fan that ships in the front of the CMT210. Just behind the fan is an HDD cage which can house three 3.5" drives requiring screws to mount them, and on the top of the cage is the third location to mount a 2.5" drive.
The motherboard tray is clearly labeled for standoff placement and has a large CPU cooler access hole near the top. We also find seven total locations where wires can be passed through the tray, none of which use grommets, and there are also twelve places to tie wires to.
The floor of 6the chassis is used to support a PSU on top of four raised sections of steel. We can also see that the bottom of the motherboard tray is wide open, allowing the wires from the PSU to go through to the back without any hassle at all.
The back of the chassis is where we find the second 120mm blue LED fan that is shipped inside of the CMT210, and we can also make out the lead ends in a 3-pin connection. The expansion slots are offered where the top two are removable and replaceable, but the following five are break-out covers.
Behind the motherboard tray, we do not find anything special, no hidden bays, or any fan hub or LED hub. What we do get is a motherboard tray that is inset 15mm from the frame, and has many ways to route wires so that the bump in the side panel can be utilized as extra space for bulk wire runs.
We like that the USB 2.0, USB 3.0, and HD Audio cables are sleeved with a black coating. However, we do think that FSP should have also covered the multi-colored wires from the HDD LED, power switch, and reset switch leads.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The FSP CMT210 Mid-Tower Chassis retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [FSP CMT210 Mid-Tower Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the CMT210]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft sees 32GB of unreleased Windows builds leaked
- SpaceX successfully lands second Falcon 9 in 48 hours
- Nintendo expected to double current fiscal year profits
- ARMS sells over 100,000 copies in Japan in first week
- Titanfall 2 may hit 6K on Xbox One X with 100% GPU usage
- modded my x79-ud3 bios, processor support question
- The Mummy Movie Review
- Computer freeze and audio buzz issue
- AZZA Photios 250 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Team T-Force Dark ROG DDR4-3000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller