Inside the Alpha Continued
The PSU cover has a bit of styling added to the side viewed through the window, but the top has a few more things to cover. There are two locations for 2.5" drive trays, a large hole for the front I/O and VGA cables, screws holding the top of the HDD cage in place, and we can see the hole at the front as well.
In the back of the Alpha, we find a 120mm fan with a black frame and gray blades, which is powered via either a 3-pin fan connector or a 4-pin Molex connector. There are seven slots with ventilation next to them, but the lower six slot covers have to be broken out if intended to be used.
Behind the motherboard tray, there is a minimum of 20mm for wires, and we see the front I/O wiring bundled over the pair of 2.5" drive trays. We also finally located the hardware, which is sitting inside of the HDD cage.
The HDD cage supports only two trays, but each is made to have pins slip into a 3.5" drive, or with the use of M3 screws, you can also mount a 2.5" drive into them. Keep in mind too; this whole assembly can be removed, should you need more room for the PSU or possibly a pump and reservoir combo kit that is compact.
At the back, still under the PSU cover, is where the PSU is to be installed. The PSU is supported with dense foam pads, and this area is short, requiring a compact PSU if you plan to keep the HDD cage in the Alpha.
In this image, we have all of the connections that need to be made from the chassis to the motherboard or PSU. On the left we see a 4-pin Molex connection which is used to power the RGB LEDs, there is a native USB 3.0 connection, there is an HD Audio connection, and smaller connections for the power button, reset button, and HDD Activity LED.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Raidmax Alpha Mid-Tower Chassis retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tomb Raider: native 4K on Xbox One X, high FPS mode
- Age of Empires IV announced
- Qualcomm's Snapdragon 845 will debut with the Galaxy S9?
- Sony teases new PlayStation console?
- Final Fantasy XV comes to PC in 2018, NVIDIA optimized
- Intel details 8th Generation Core CPUs with Kaby Lake-R
- Xbox's next system-seller may be an early access titan
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Movie Review
- Looking for Lian Li PC-C37 pdf manual as links from Lian Li website are broken
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience