Test System Setup
Processor(s): AMD Athlon X2 3800+
Motherboard(s): ASUS A8N SLI Premium (Supplied by ASUS)
Memory: 2 X 512MB Mushkin PC4000 DDR (Supplied by Mushkin)
Operating System: Windows XP Professional SP1
Drivers: ATI Catalyst 5.9, DX9c and nVidia nForce4 AMD Edition (6.66)
Today we will be comparing i-RAM against our Western Digital 80GB SATA test system hard drive. We will be running through our normal array of hard drive benchmarking tests to see what kind of burst/average read/average write and of course the all important load times.
Thanks to our friends at Kingmax we were able to get some 1GB and 512MB DDR-400 modules at short notice which has given us the ability to run in a 2 x 1GB (2GB) configuration and a 2 x 1GB plus 2 x 512MB (3GB) configuration. Keep in mind we're using DDR-400 modules because they were readily available but you can get away with using older DDR-200 memory you may have laying around your house or office.
We've used these two test configurations to see if there are any performance implications by using different size memory modules in i-RAM at the same time.
Version and / or Patch Used: 220.127.116.11
Developer Homepage: http://www.simplisoftware.com
Product Homepage: http://www.simplisoftware.com/Public/index.php?request=HdTach
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Project Scorpio's GPU is 4.5x faster than Xbox One
- Mass Effect: Andromeda runs on GTX 745, has FOV slider
- 'La La Land', 'Arrival' lead Oscar nominations
- Xbox boss 'really happy' on Project Scorpio's progress
- First footage of Nintendo Switch's touchscreen in action
- Corsair K95 RGB Platinum Mechanical Keyboard Review
- Asrock B150M-HDS problem
- How do i brake the boot loop? (no post)
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- AVerMedia's AVerCaster HEVC RS9280 brings 3G-SDI to professional 4K HEVC video
- Thermaltake reveals new Riing Plus 12 LED RGB radiator fan TT Premium Edition Radiator Fan with Riing Plus RGB Software
- Call of Duty World League (CWL) presented by PlayStation 4 invades Texas with CWL Open Event
- PAX South attendees can play Nintendo Switch before it launches
- Acer unveils versatile and robust TravelMate Spin B1 convertible notebook at BETT 2017