When a company becomes as successful as one like Gigabyte, you are put in the position where you can splash a few dollars around and become more innovative in the R&D department. This is exactly what Gigabyte i-RAM is - taking an idea that has been around for a long time and making faster, more effective, giving it a cool name and releasing it to the masses at an affordable price.
i-RAM is a hardware version of a normal RAM drive or a solid state storage product which makes big claims of improving much better than the fastest SATA hard disk drives on the market.
We will be looking at i-RAM today in two memory configurations and comparing it against a normal SATA hard drive. Read on as we dig deep into i-RAM and see what it's all about.
EDITOR UPDATE: Our sample of the Gigabyte i-RAM is still in development and in the next couple months before it is released, Gigabyte intend on making further refinements to the product. Please keep this in mind when reading our evaluation on i-RAM - you can treat our unit as a BETA sample.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 5G spec: 20Gbps down, 1 million devices per square km
- SpeedTree 8 to be shown at GDC 2017 on Amazon Lumberyard
- Oculus Rift, Gear VR could be ripped off the market soon
- Intel rocked to its Core over Ryzen, price drops begin
- Corsair's Lighting Node Pro: taking control of your LEDs
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- LG unveils new G6 with a large fullvision display tailored to fit in one hand
- Introducing LG XPower2 with high capacity battery designed for demanding users
- Enjoy incredible performance of AMD RYZEN with BIOSTAR X370GT5 motherboard
- COLORFUL introduces iGameGTX1080 X-TOP-8G Advanced video card
- Team Group introduces its fastest SSD for gamers with T-FORCE CARDEA M.2 SSD