When a company becomes as successful as one like Gigabyte, you are put in the position where you can splash a few dollars around and become more innovative in the R&D department. This is exactly what Gigabyte i-RAM is - taking an idea that has been around for a long time and making faster, more effective, giving it a cool name and releasing it to the masses at an affordable price.
i-RAM is a hardware version of a normal RAM drive or a solid state storage product which makes big claims of improving much better than the fastest SATA hard disk drives on the market.
We will be looking at i-RAM today in two memory configurations and comparing it against a normal SATA hard drive. Read on as we dig deep into i-RAM and see what it's all about.
EDITOR UPDATE: Our sample of the Gigabyte i-RAM is still in development and in the next couple months before it is released, Gigabyte intend on making further refinements to the product. Please keep this in mind when reading our evaluation on i-RAM - you can treat our unit as a BETA sample.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Razer injects chromatic flavor into Lenovo's new gaming PC lineup
- NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 900 series price drops for the holidays
- Rumor: Sony unlocks PS4's seventh core to boost performance
- Ubisoft promises Rainbow Six: Siege will be fixed before it launches
- LG is investing billions of dollars into OLED production
- Sharp GX-BT7 2.1-Channel Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Review
- D-Link DCS-2630L 1080p Ultra-Wide View IP Wi-Fi Camera Review
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 240L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Lexar JumpDrive M20i 32GB OTG iOS Flash Drive Review
- Gibabyte GA-Z170X- Gaming 7 Supported RAM (2 x16Gb or 4 x 8GB) ?
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis