When a company becomes as successful as one like Gigabyte, you are put in the position where you can splash a few dollars around and become more innovative in the R&D department. This is exactly what Gigabyte i-RAM is - taking an idea that has been around for a long time and making faster, more effective, giving it a cool name and releasing it to the masses at an affordable price.
i-RAM is a hardware version of a normal RAM drive or a solid state storage product which makes big claims of improving much better than the fastest SATA hard disk drives on the market.
We will be looking at i-RAM today in two memory configurations and comparing it against a normal SATA hard drive. Read on as we dig deep into i-RAM and see what it's all about.
EDITOR UPDATE: Our sample of the Gigabyte i-RAM is still in development and in the next couple months before it is released, Gigabyte intend on making further refinements to the product. Please keep this in mind when reading our evaluation on i-RAM - you can treat our unit as a BETA sample.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- No Man's Sky now has less than 1000 players on Steam
- Doom update adds Deathmatch, private matches
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ram upgrade and settings
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now