When a company becomes as successful as one like Gigabyte, you are put in the position where you can splash a few dollars around and become more innovative in the R&D department. This is exactly what Gigabyte i-RAM is - taking an idea that has been around for a long time and making faster, more effective, giving it a cool name and releasing it to the masses at an affordable price.
i-RAM is a hardware version of a normal RAM drive or a solid state storage product which makes big claims of improving much better than the fastest SATA hard disk drives on the market.
We will be looking at i-RAM today in two memory configurations and comparing it against a normal SATA hard drive. Read on as we dig deep into i-RAM and see what it's all about.
EDITOR UPDATE: Our sample of the Gigabyte i-RAM is still in development and in the next couple months before it is released, Gigabyte intend on making further refinements to the product. Please keep this in mind when reading our evaluation on i-RAM - you can treat our unit as a BETA sample.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Aware of 'let's play' videos? Here's every single one summarized
- This Grand Theft Auto IV hyper-realistic mod is better than real life
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 arrives, IGN says pop-shove it in the garbage
- The important question has been answered: Will the new iPhone 6s bend?
- Beautiful film made using only water, a 5 yen coin and an Apple iPhone
- Hi I Really Need Advice as to Where I Can Find Genuine Asmedia Drivers?
- Samsung FIT MUF-64BB 64GB USB 3.0 Pico Flash Drive Review
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog