When a company becomes as successful as one like Gigabyte, you are put in the position where you can splash a few dollars around and become more innovative in the R&D department. This is exactly what Gigabyte i-RAM is - taking an idea that has been around for a long time and making faster, more effective, giving it a cool name and releasing it to the masses at an affordable price.
i-RAM is a hardware version of a normal RAM drive or a solid state storage product which makes big claims of improving much better than the fastest SATA hard disk drives on the market.
We will be looking at i-RAM today in two memory configurations and comparing it against a normal SATA hard drive. Read on as we dig deep into i-RAM and see what it's all about.
EDITOR UPDATE: Our sample of the Gigabyte i-RAM is still in development and in the next couple months before it is released, Gigabyte intend on making further refinements to the product. Please keep this in mind when reading our evaluation on i-RAM - you can treat our unit as a BETA sample.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tesla to double the number of Superchargers this year
- Death Stranding is an open-world action game
- CyberPowerPC's new Ryzen PCs: from $983 up to $2399
- AMD's cheaper Ryzen 5/Ryzen 3 CPUs should launch in Q2
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4GHz, 1800X performance for $329
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications