When a company becomes as successful as one like Gigabyte, you are put in the position where you can splash a few dollars around and become more innovative in the R&D department. This is exactly what Gigabyte i-RAM is - taking an idea that has been around for a long time and making faster, more effective, giving it a cool name and releasing it to the masses at an affordable price.
i-RAM is a hardware version of a normal RAM drive or a solid state storage product which makes big claims of improving much better than the fastest SATA hard disk drives on the market.
We will be looking at i-RAM today in two memory configurations and comparing it against a normal SATA hard drive. Read on as we dig deep into i-RAM and see what it's all about.
EDITOR UPDATE: Our sample of the Gigabyte i-RAM is still in development and in the next couple months before it is released, Gigabyte intend on making further refinements to the product. Please keep this in mind when reading our evaluation on i-RAM - you can treat our unit as a BETA sample.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- CS:GO is majorly dysfunctional for Australians and in New Zealanders
- Synology teases new OS for its NAS range, Apple Watch app for 2016
- Tesla P85D smashes two Motorsport cars in drag race
- Riot considers G2A sponsorship ban, asks teams to follow suit
- DICE says there will be no microtransactions in Star Wars Battlefront
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio