C7Z270-PG Circuit Analysis Continued
Supermicro uses the Realtek ALC1150 on this motherboard along with some audio grade capacitors and Texas Instruments OPA1612A amplifier for the headphone jack.
The Avago PLX PEX8747 takes in x16 from the CPU and outputs x32 to the PCI-E slots. It does introduce a slight latency penalty, but it is the only way to do 3 or 4-way SLI or CrossFireX on the Z270 platform. The motherboard offers two Intel NICs, the i219v and i210AT.
Two ASMedia ASM1142 offer four USB 3.1 ports for the rear IO; an ASMedia ASM1543 is the type-C controller and switch chip.
The C7Z270-PG supports HDMI 2.0 through the use of a Parade PS175HDM controller. An IDT6V41642B clock generator offers better BCLK overclocking margins.
The nuvoTon NCT6792D is the super IO that offers PS/2 on the back, the COM port, system monitoring, and fan control. Multiple ASMedia ASM1480 PCI-E 3.0 quick switches switch around two PCI-E 3.0 lanes each.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Supermicro C7Z270-PG Pro Gaming Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Supermicro Motherboard C7Z270-PG-O retails for £242.54 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and C7Z270-PG Overview]
- Page 3 [Supermicro C7Z270-PG Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [Supermicro C7Z270-PG Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Note8 color options leak: Samsung to introduce Deep Blue
- ASUS ZenFone 4 to be premium device with Snapdragon 835
- Nanomaterial charges phones, electric cars in SECONDS
- Qualcomm's next-gen Snapdragon 845 teased
- Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 lets you land on the moon
- Supermicro SuperO Booster Software Guide
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4