MSI's product showcase is like a software pop-up ad, which you will need to disable. While it does highlight the product, it shouldn't pop-up every time you boot up or when you let the product sit idle for a few minutes, at least not by default.
MSI has multiple software programs, one of them is the Dragon Center which houses other programs. MSI's True Color and SCM are two of those programs. Dragon Center also offers a System Tuner ability to increase performance and fan speed.
You can control the RGB LED lighting in the keyboard and create cool effects. The program also offers tools and help to create recovery images or calibrate your battery.
Killer's Control Center is installed by default, many people just want the hardware without the software, and the good news is you can uninstall the software and still use the great WIFI card and the wired NIC. Nahimic audio enhancer is included as is SteelSeries Engine.
The BIOS is a UEFI, but it looks like a traditional BIOS. It offers little in the way of tuning or ability to make changes to the hardware, but then again you cannot overclock this notebook, and you also can't really upgrade it.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Physical Overview]
- Page 3 [Physical Overview Continued]
- Page 4 [Software and BIOS]
- Page 5 [System Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO and Battery Performance]
- Page 8 [Thermal Performance]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Far Cry 5 co-op supports full campaign
- Far Cry 5: Everything you need to know
- EVGA teases its GTX 1080 Ti Kingpin, unveil at Computex
- SAPPHIRE announces RX 580 Nitro+ Special Edition
- Oppo R11 launch date and first images of the phone leak
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Free Paypal Money Adder Online Tool Legit 2017
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017