Water Cooling by ThermalTake
The PowerColor X800GT EVO utilizes the ThermalTake Tide Water liquid cooling solution. The Tide Water solution is an all-in-one package that gives you water cooling with ease.
Within the package there are four main components - the copper radiator, the fan, the little pump and the reservoir. The card comes with pretty standard coolant in it which makes it even easier again to install since you don't have to worry about doing this task.
The fan in the center of the card helps cool the copper radiator and can be adjusted to two different RPM speeds - high and low. When running at high, the fan spins at 3000 RPM which is loud and the other being 1700 RPM which is a lot more peaceful.
Thanks to the card coming with liquid already in it and pipes already connected as they should be, the installation is just as easy as installing your normal graphics card. Once you install the card into your PCI Express slot, you have to find two spare PCI slots to install the Tide Water. This is a disadvantage as it takes up two of your PCI slot bays where you could have installed other PCI devices.
A power connector comes out the back of the cooler which powers both the fan and pump and with that plugged in, we are ready to go. While it doesn't look like it is doing much when it comes on the best way to make sure the water is flowing is to just check the heatsink with your hand after a few minutes of power as even in Windows if the GPU isn't getting cooled it will heat up and become untouchable.
Unfortunately it seems like the card doesn't have any temperature monitoring so we cannot vouch for PowerColor's claims of the GPU running at 20 degrees Celsius but it seems fair enough to us. We'll look into overclocking in a little bit.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Moto Racer 4 gameplay trailer revealed
- Skyrim hasn't yet been confirmed for the Nintendo Switch
- Blizzard announces a new voice chat app for desktops
- NVIDIA's new GeForce 375.57 drivers are ready for BF1
- Sony added 1GB of DRAM to the PS4 Pro, joins 8GB GDDR5
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system