Velocity Micro was founded in 1997, and while it might not be a household name, it is an established brand in the USA. Offering a philosophy of high-performance computing teamed up with quality craftsmanship; their PCs have won awards from almost all major publications. Based in my state, they contacted me and asked if I wanted to review one of their premium gaming systems. I said yes, if not just to see what they had to offer over other computer systems I review.
The Raptor Z55 uses a custom made brushed aluminum chassis with built in AIO water cooling for the CPU. The system uses an i7-7700K (overclocked), ASUS Z270M-Plus motherboard, 650W EVGA SuperNOVA PSU, 16GB of DDR4-2400MHz Crucial Ballistix RAM, an EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU, a 512GB Samsung 960 Pro SSD, a 1TB HDD, Windows 10, and a one-year standard warranty with a 3-year option available.
They offer 100% US based warranty and call center support, and their call hours are from 11 AM to 8 PM.
The 7700K is overclocked to 4.8GHz while the memory and GPU are stock. However, the system is built with off-the-shelf hardware (except for the case), so you can overclock individual parts further.
The Velocity Micro Z55 has a base price of $1,499; our configuration costs $2,799.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Velocity Micro Raptor Z55 VR Ready Gaming PC w/ Intel Core i7-7700k, 32GB RAM, 525GB SSD + 3TB HDD, 8GB NVIDIA GTX 1080, Windows 10 - Best VR Gaming Desktop PC retails for $2249.00 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and System]
- Page 3 [Teardown of the Raptor Z55]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 7 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
- As a company, design our systems for the most demanding performance attainable, but it's also our obligation to give our customers the perfect balance of speed and reliability. We can certainly OC this system more, but as a brand, we have to be mindful of that balance between stability and extreme performance for our unique customer experience. Likewise our fan profiles are adjustable to suit any situation or need. We always leave the customer with the option to push even harder than our factory levels if he/she chooses, while providing a robust overall design to handle it with a high degree of reliability. We're very pleased to see that American craftsmanship counts for something and are also proud that our product comes from the USA too!
Latest News Posts
- Far Cry 5 co-op supports full campaign
- Far Cry 5: Everything you need to know
- EVGA teases its GTX 1080 Ti Kingpin, unveil at Computex
- SAPPHIRE announces RX 580 Nitro+ Special Edition
- Oppo R11 launch date and first images of the phone leak
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Free Paypal Money Adder Online Tool Legit 2017
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017