Packaging and Overview
The Z270GTN's box has a carbon fiber design, just like the rest of its RACING lineup. Packaging is also very similar to that of their other RACING products and protects the motherboard from damage.
The accessory package includes four SATA6Gb/s cables, IO shield, manual, and driver DVD.
The Z270GTN has only two headers, but that is typical of most mini-ITX motherboards. The two headers are circled in red and are 4-pin PWM-only headers. While you can power a 3-pin fan through the headers, it will run full speed. The motherboard's aesthetic design is stylish, and the heat sinks have integrated RGB LEDs. The RGB LEDs illuminate evenly across the white sections of the heat sinks, and the resulting effect is quite beautiful. The back of the motherboard isn't bare; there is an M.2 connector on the back. We can also see that the audio section of the PCB has been physically isolated from the rest of the motherboard.
The rear IO panel features PS/2 Keyboard/Mouse, four USB 3.0 ports, two USB 2.0 ports, WIFI antenna bracket, HDMI, DVI, 1Gbit LAN, and 7.1 gold plated audio outputs with S/PDIF optical.
The motherboard has two RGB LED headers onboard. One is near the CPU fan header, and the other is on the other side of the RAM DIMMs above a single USB 2.0 internal header.
Four SATA6Gb/s ports sit below the 24-pin power connector. A single U.2 connector sits below the SATA ports. There is a single 32Gb/s M.2 slot on the back of the motherboard.
A clear CMOS header is located above the x16 PCI-E slot, and above that is a USB 2.0 internal header. A USB 3.0 internal header is located right near the PCH heat sink. Front panel headers are located in the bottom right corner of the motherboard near the BIOS ROM that sits in a DIP socket.
While there isn't a WIFI/BT card installed, there is a M.2 WIFI slot so you can add one in later. Both heat sinks have RGB LEDs built into them, but only the VRM heat sink uses screws.
All the heat sinks and shields except the PCH heat sink use screws to connect to the motherboard.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z270GTN Overview]
- Page 3 [BIOSTAR Z270GTN Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOSTAR Z270GTN Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild looks GLORIOUS in 1080p 60FPS
- Xbox One X day one 'Scorpio Edition' console teased
- Galaxy Note 8 might rock next-gen Qualcomm camera tech
- ASUS STRIX Vega 64 trades blows with reference Vega 64
- AMD addresses Radeon RX Vega pricing, stock issues
- Looking for Lian Li PC-C37 pdf manual as links from Lian Li website are broken
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes