Temps & Power
I was interested to see how the entire system would fare with power consumption, since I was running a 6C/12T processor with the AMD Ryzen 5 1600X mixed with AMD's Radeon RX 570, at least in AORUS form. Our entire system was consuming anywhere between 218W and 260W, depending on the test - with the GIGABYTE RX 570 AORUS falling in at around 240W average.
Directly comparing the RX 570 AORUS against MSI's new GTX 1060 Gaming X+ 9Gbps card that uses just 185W average, Polaris is using 50W+ while being slightly slower. But, in the end it averages out when you factor in total costs with a gaming setup and purchases like a FreeSync display which are radically cheaper than competing NVIDIA G-Sync gaming displays.
As for temps, we were sitting anywhere between 62C and 68C depending on the test, with the RX 570 AORUS maxing out at 69C. But comparing the RX 570 AORUS against our EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 graphics card, the temps are the same - and the EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 is a much more powerful card.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The AORUS RX 570 4GB Graphics Card - Mid Range Champ? retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft sees 32GB of unreleased Windows builds leaked
- SpaceX successfully lands second Falcon 9 in 48 hours
- Nintendo expected to double current fiscal year profits
- ARMS sells over 100,000 copies in Japan in first week
- Titanfall 2 may hit 6K on Xbox One X with 100% GPU usage
- modded my x79-ud3 bios, processor support question
- The Mummy Movie Review
- Computer freeze and audio buzz issue
- AZZA Photios 250 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Team T-Force Dark ROG DDR4-3000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller