Specifications of the Western Digital Caviar SE
Let's take a quick look at the drive specifications before taking a closer look at the drive.
Rotational Speed: 7,200 RPM (nominal)
Buffer Size: 8 MB
Average Latency: 4.20 ms (nominal)
Read Seek Time: 8.9 ms
Track-To-Track Seek Time: 2.0 ms (average)
Full Stroke Seek: 21.0 ms (average)
Buffer To Host (Serial ATA): 300 MB/s (Max)
Buffer To Disk: 748 Mbits/s (Max)
Formatted Capacity: 250,059 MB
Capacity: 250 GB
Interface: SATA 300 MB/s
Bytes Per Sector: 512
User Sectors Per Drive: 488,397,168
Servo Type: Embedded
Height: 26.1 mm (Max)
Length: 147 mm (Max)
Width: 101.6 mm
Weight: 0.6 kg (+/- .082 kg)
Pretty standard specifications except for the 300MB/s transfer speeds but will it make a difference in the real-world?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Features]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and HD Tach]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New iPhone 8 leaked renders allegedly show final design
- Note8 to have better optical zoom than iPhone 7?
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 explodes and catches fire
- NVIDIA CEO hands out first Tesla V100s to AI researchers
- ADATA's new XPG SPECTRIC D40: RGB DDR4 for X299
- Phanteks Evolv Shift SFF Chassis Review
- GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Comic-Con 2017 trailer round-up: MCU vs DCEU vs the rest
- graphics card not detected via riser cable
- Maximum ratio (x39) with 4,06GHz for i7 4770 on GA Z87X-UD3H?
- ADATA Debuts XPG SPECTRIX D40 RGB DDR4 RAM
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology