There is much to like when we think back to what we saw with this Premium PSU Cable Kit from Corsair. First of all, we like the alternating pattern of colors offered in this white and black kit, but even if this is not your style, remember, Corsair has may other options as well. While we are on about the aesthetics, there are two other things which immediately come to mind. There is the fact that there is not one millimeter of shrink tube used on these kits, which is a much more attractive way to build these types of products.
Then, we have to address the combs which ship in the box, as they keep the pattern in place, and eliminates the cables collapsing and looking like a jumbled mess. Everything about this kit feels high-end, from the packaging, down to what is offered in these kits, and the use of paracord for the sleeves, which delivers a soft feel and stellar appearance.
Getting down to brass tacks on the kit and how it works, we found no discrepancy in voltages with the stock PSU cables or this Premium PSU Cable Kit from Corsair. While we had our Digital Multi Meter at the ready, we initially looked at AIDA64 for the voltage readings. Taking a screenshot with both sets of cables in play, we saw that the voltages received at the motherboard were all identical down to the hundredth of a volt. Even seeing that, we still probed around at the Molex connections, SATA connections, and in the 24-pin to see if the software readings we on point, and found that results were within a few hundredths of a volt between them. Either way of looking at voltages showed no reason for concern or out of spec readings.
We did wish we had advanced testing ability, but for now, all we can do is assume the in-line capacitors were doing their intended job. With no way to measure noise or ripple in the leads, all we can go on is the fact that our test system ran and clocked as it would with any other PSU powering it. We also loved the fact that the connections have been changed in the Premium PSU Cable kits as well. Where older kits were a struggle to get seated, the Premium Kit's connectors all lock into place with much less effort than the previous solutions from Corsair.
While your options for custom cables for the PSU are pretty much endless, we have seen some concern in emails before this review as to some kits not being compatible with various power supplies. That being said, while there are more affordable solutions to be had if you are not that picky, you could end up causing yourself more problems than its worth by selecting the wrong kit for your Corsair power supply. We admit, even though the Professional Series kits were a pain to get connected properly, we ran a set in our daily driver for well over a year. The Premium Individually Sleeved PSU Cable Kit is better in all aspects, and considering it only costs $83.08 from Amazon right now, you are guaranteed compatibility and a lack of worrying about releasing any magic smoke from your PC.
Whether you want a light blue, red, white, or a mix of any of the three with black wires too, for Corsair PSU owners, there is no better solution for you out there, without a premium price and the time it takes a guy to make them for you in their spare time. If you want style, aesthetic appeal, use of paracord, no ugly shrink tube to see, and a set of combs and a bag to go along with the deal, look no further than the Premium PSU Cable Kits from Corsair.
Chad's Chassis Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD4-B3
- CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K (buy from Amazon)
- Cooler: Corsair H80i GT (buy from Amazon)
- Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL6D-4GBXH
- Video Card: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 970 AMP. Extreme Edition (buy from Amazon)
- Storage: SuperSpeed 128GB SSD
- Power Supply: Corsair RM 750x
- OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (buy from Amazon)
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||98%|
The Bottom Line: With what you get in the Premium PSU Cable Kits from Corsair, we find them to show strong in all aspects! They look good, use paracord now, connect easily, come with cable combs, a storage bag, and a reasonable price too.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Corsair Premium Individual Sleeved PSU Cable Kit retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Corsair Premium Individual Sleeved PSU Cable Kit retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Corsair Premium Individually Sleeved PSU Cable Kit]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Our 'Guardians' giveaway is out of this Galaxy!
- Path of Exile launches August 24 on Xbox One
- Mass Effect: Andromeda singleplayer is dead
- Nintendo should have big Switch stockpile for holidays
- Flash shortage may last throughout 2018
- Xbox's next system-seller may be an early access titan
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Movie Review
- Looking for Lian Li PC-C37 pdf manual as links from Lian Li website are broken
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes