X370 Krait Gaming Circuit Analysis Continued
MSI is using the ALC892 with a shield for EMI protection. The audio section is physically isolated from the rest of the system. Chemi-Con audio grade capacitors and a de-pop circuit help to improve overall audio quality.
MSI uses a Realtek 8111H Gbit NIC for Gbit Ethernet. MSI forgoes the integrated USB 3.1 from the chipset for an ASMedia ASM2142. The ASMedia USB 3.1 controller offers slightly better performance according to some vendors. The ASMedia ASM1543 is used as the type-C ports controller and switch.
The main SuperIO is the nuvoTon NCT6795D, which controls the fans, monitors system parameters, and provides PS/2 and the LPT port. To protect the RGB LED header from damage from reverse polarity, a Texas Instruments TPS25944A eFuse is used.
The nuvoTon NCT5605Y is an extra microcontroller used to expand fan control and perhaps offer RGB LED control. A Texas Instruments GD75232 driver and receiver IC is used for the COM port.
A 128Mbit/16MB ROM stores the on-board BIOS. Multiple ASMedia ASM1480 quick switches move around PCI-E 3.0 bandwidth between the slots and devices.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: The MSI X370 Krait Gaming Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X370 Krait Gaming Overview]
- Page 3 [MSI X370 Krait Gaming Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [MSI X370 Krait Gaming Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard working on new mobile games
- GALAX GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White: dual-slot GTX 1080 Ti
- The Division receives loadout feature in PTR patch
- CliffyB: AAA games in a 'weird spot', VR in '80s' period
- GDDR6 is coming to high-end GPUs in early 2018
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- HyperX Pulsefire FPS Gaming Mouse Review
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S gaming headset now shipping
- SK Hynix introduces industry's fastest 8Gb graphics DRAM (GDDR6)
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club