The Z270 Killer SLI reveals its hardware!
The VRM on this motherboard is a 6+2 phase VRM. The PWM used is an ISL95824 Green hybrid digital multiphase PWM with some integrated drivers. To get 6 phases from the 4 on the main PWM's rail, ASRock doubles the number of MOSFETs and inductors hooked up to each of the three drivers. On the main VCore rail, the PWM offers two integrated drivers, so ASRock added an extra ISL6625A. The iGPU two-PWM channel offers one integrated driver, so ASRock adds another ISL6625A. ASRock uses a mixture of Nikos Semiconductor PK618BA and PZ0903BK N-channel PowerPAK MOSFETs. ASRock states their inductors are rated 40A, and their capacitors are premium 12K FP caps from Japan. The two phases on the far left are for the VCCSA and VCCIO.
The memory VRM uses an Anpec APW8720 single phase PWM with integrated driver and uses the same NIKOS MOSFETs as were used on the CPU VRM. MOSFETs and inductors are doubled, so you get two memory phases.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z270 Killer SLI Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock Z270 Killer SLI Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock Z270 Killer SLI Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Titanfall 2 may hit 6K on Xbox One X with 100% GPU usage
- Take-Two relents on singleplayer GTA mods
- 47% of gamers spend money while playing games
- MSI Afterburner now has hardware plot graphics
- Google Glass updated with additional features
- Computer freeze and audio buzz issue
- AZZA Photios 250 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ecurrency hack software
- Team T-Force Dark ROG DDR4-3000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- GA-X58A-UD3R wake on lan problem
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller