The Z270 Killer SLI reveals its hardware!
The VRM on this motherboard is a 6+2 phase VRM. The PWM used is an ISL95824 Green hybrid digital multiphase PWM with some integrated drivers. To get 6 phases from the 4 on the main PWM's rail, ASRock doubles the number of MOSFETs and inductors hooked up to each of the three drivers. On the main VCore rail, the PWM offers two integrated drivers, so ASRock added an extra ISL6625A. The iGPU two-PWM channel offers one integrated driver, so ASRock adds another ISL6625A. ASRock uses a mixture of Nikos Semiconductor PK618BA and PZ0903BK N-channel PowerPAK MOSFETs. ASRock states their inductors are rated 40A, and their capacitors are premium 12K FP caps from Japan. The two phases on the far left are for the VCCSA and VCCIO.
The memory VRM uses an Anpec APW8720 single phase PWM with integrated driver and uses the same NIKOS MOSFETs as were used on the CPU VRM. MOSFETs and inductors are doubled, so you get two memory phases.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z270 Killer SLI Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock Z270 Killer SLI Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock Z270 Killer SLI Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Path of Exile launches August 24 on Xbox One
- Mass Effect: Andromeda singleplayer is dead
- Nintendo should have big Switch stockpile for holidays
- Flash shortage may last throughout 2018
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild looks GLORIOUS in 1080p 60FPS
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Movie Review
- Looking for Lian Li PC-C37 pdf manual as links from Lian Li website are broken
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes