Packaging and Overview
I am not so crazy about naming products something like Killer, but some gamers are into it, so it makes some sense. ASRock has gone all in with their "K"iller marketing on the box. The motherboard and accessories are protected in the box by anti-static bags.
The accessory package includes two SATA6Gb/s cables, IO shield, M.2 screw, SLI_HB bridge, driver DVD, case badge, manuals, and even a post card.
The Z270 Killer SLI has four fan headers; all the headers can operate in either DC or PWM mode. The header circled in red is the CPU fan header, and it can supply 1A of current. The other three headers circled in blue are chassis fan/pump headers; they can supply 1.5A of current. I am not sure why the CPU header supports less. Overall, the motherboard's PCH heat sink and "K" silkscreen on the PCB match together, to create a seamless look. Most of the "K" will be covered up by a full sized GPU. I like the white IO and audio shield, it is a nice touch. The back of the motherboard is bare of almost every component, that's a good thing.
The rear IO panel features PS/2 Keyboard/Mouse, five USB 3.0 ports, USB 3.0 type-C, DVI, HDMI, and 7.1 audio outputs with S/PDIF.
Two reinforced PCI-E slots are hooked up to the CPU and operate at x16/x0 or x8/x8. There are also four flexible (open ended) PCI-E 3.0 x1 slots. The motherboard also offers six SATA6Gb/s ports. Two ports are shared with the M.2 slots if you use an SATA M.2 drive.
The motherboard offers two Ultra M.2 ports. They each offer 32Gb/s of throughput. SATA ports 0 and 5 will be disabled if you use an SATA-type M.2 drive.
A single USB 3.0 internal header is located below the 24-pin power connector. At the bottom edge of the motherboard are the front panel headers, two fan headers, and two USB 2.0 internal headers.
An RGB LED header is located at the bottom row of headers on the motherboard to the right of the clear CMOS header. The VRM heat sinks use plastic push-pins while the PCH heat sink uses screws. The IO and audio shield are screwed to the motherboard.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z270 Killer SLI Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock Z270 Killer SLI Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock Z270 Killer SLI Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Our 'Guardians' giveaway is out of this Galaxy!
- Path of Exile launches August 24 on Xbox One
- Mass Effect: Andromeda singleplayer is dead
- Nintendo should have big Switch stockpile for holidays
- Flash shortage may last throughout 2018
- Xbox's next system-seller may be an early access titan
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Movie Review
- Looking for Lian Li PC-C37 pdf manual as links from Lian Li website are broken
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes