The Z270 SuperCarrier has some serious hardware under those heat sinks.
The VRM on this motherboard is a 8+4+1+1 phase VRM. Starting at the top left, we have VCCIO, VCCSA, eight CPU VCore phases, and then four iGPU phases. The main PWM is the tried and true digital PWM from International Rectifier IR35201 fully digital PWM. It outputs 8+0/6+2/7+1 phases depending on the vendors' needs. In this case, ASRock is using it as 6+2 phases and uses only 4+2 of those phases. Those extra phases are then doubled by phase doublers/dual-drivers. Each power stage uses a Texas Instruments CSD87350Q5D NexFETs rated at 25A at 90% and up to 40A each. Each of the inductors is rated 60A, and the capacitors are 12K FP solid polymer Japanese capacitors.
There are six IR3598 doublers/dual-driver chips that supply the 8+4 phases for the CPU and iGPU phases. The memory VRM is two phases controlled by the uP1674P PWM with integrated drivers and outputs to two Texas Instruments CSD87350Q5D NexFETs.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASRock Z270 SuperCarrier Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z270 SuperCarrier Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock Z270 SuperCarrier Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock Z270 SuperCarrier Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo reveals foldable New 2DS XL for $149
- AMD's new Ryzen Balanced Power Plan drivers are here
- Switch to get 'continuous stream' of third-party games
- Nintendo 3DS isn't going anywhere
- Messenger Lite now available in 150 additional countries
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives