EVGA isn't just calling the new GTX 1080 SC2 iCX a big upgrade for nothing; there really are some significant changes that the company has made under the cooling tech hood.
For starters, there are nine sensors on the GTX 1080 SC2 iCX, which are all picked up on EVGA's Precision XOC software.
You've got asynchronous fan control, which lets one of the two fans on the card spin up - so you can tweak it to your liking, for a mix of performance and silence.
EVGA goes into detail with the improvements, as the first fan is cooling the GPU, while the right one is cooling the power/memory - meaning the GPU fan speed is determined by the GPU temperature and the same for the power/memory on the card.
You've got full control with EVGA Precision XOC - and damn is it a powerful piece of software for your graphics card.
The LEDs on the top of the GTX 1080 SC2 iCX are customizable, and on their own - they provide an interactive thermal display system, that changes color depending on the loads on the GPU and RAM.
Another nice touch by EVGA.
Some serious work went into the cooling technology in iCX by EVGA's engineers.
The backplate looks GREAT in person.
Now to play some more games!
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 GAMING, 8GB GDDR5X, iCX Technology - 9 Thermal Sensors & RGB LED G/P/M, Asynch Fan, Optimized Airflow Design Graphics Card 08G-P4-6583-KR retails for $569.99 at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [EVGA's New iCX Tech Isn't JUST a Cooler Upgrade]
- Page 3 [Detailed Look]
- Page 4 [Test System Specs]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 1080p]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 1440p]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 4K]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3440x1440]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - DX12]
- Page 11 [Performance Analysis & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard working on new mobile games
- GALAX GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White: dual-slot GTX 1080 Ti
- The Division receives loadout feature in PTR patch
- CliffyB: AAA games in a 'weird spot', VR in '80s' period
- GDDR6 is coming to high-end GPUs in early 2018
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- HyperX Pulsefire FPS Gaming Mouse Review
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S gaming headset now shipping
- SK Hynix introduces industry's fastest 8Gb graphics DRAM (GDDR6)
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club