ASUS is one of the biggest names in motherboard history. From its humble beginnings of stable, well trusted platforms, to being the head of the overclocking community in my opinion, beating out ABIT, ASUS has managed to keep stability, quality and feature packed boards in line with great overclocking options.
The ASUS P5WD2 motherboard continues on from the P5AD2-E motherboard, designed using the same principals, with a few extra options to add spice to the end-users world.
Overall the amount of features are well balanced with support for Crossfire coming and possibly even SLI. The ASUS P5WD2 motherboard is definitely one to get your hands on from a variety of different angles.
Supports all LGA775 CPU's (Pentium-D and Pentium XE included)
TV and Wireless PCI card for wireless and Multimedia TV Ready
Plenty of good overclocking options
Rather pricey (Most motherboards like this are)
No SLI support yet
- Latest Pricing
The ASUS P5WD2 motherboard is for people who want a premium class motherboard with stacks of options and overclockability and is not for people who want a cheap and basic motherboard.
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Features]
- Page 4 [Features Continued]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Series]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 2]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Batman VR is finalised but Rocksteady wants to move on
- Pasadena, California to tax streaming services
- New scoop on latest Destiny DLC 'Days of Iron' amour
- Boost your resume with two in-demand tech certifications
- Nintendo NX handheld hybrid GPU CPU upgrade attachment
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now