Intel's Pentium 4 platform is definitely coming to the end of its line, with talks of moving from Netburst to Dothan architecture, the future of the Intel Pentium 4 CPU line is certainly looking to be at the end, however, we still haven't reached that part yet.
While one era has come to an end, we now start on the new line, Dual Core Processing. Dual Core works on the same principle as Dual CPU. On one CPU package, two separate dies are packed together, each with its own command set, Multimedia instruction set and caches. Intel has now started mass production of its Pentium D and Pentium XE processors using Dual Core design, however, new boards and chipsets are the order from Intel, and today we are looking at ASUS's offering to the premium market place.
:: Latest Pricing of ASUS P5WD2 Premium ::
ASUS has been on the forefront of motherboard and PC technology for nearly 10 years now, with designs that not only pack as much into a board as technically possible, but allow for some ever increasing overclocking results. Once thought of as the overclocking wannabe to ABIT, ASUS has now taken the crown as the motherboard of choice (for overclocking and performance options) as far as we are concerned.
Today we are looking at the ASUS P5WD2 Wi-Fi TV Premium Edition motherboard based on the newest 955X chipset from Intel - How does it stack up against the board it intends to replace, the P5AD2E Premium based on Intel's 925XE chipset?
Well let's have a look.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Features]
- Page 4 [Features Continued]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Series]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 2]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA secures 81% of the GPU market according to JPR
- eSports betting startup Unikrn gets backed by Ashton Kutcher
- Naughty Dog announces March 18, 2016 release for Uncharted 4 on PS4
- Google is trying to make 4K video less demanding on your connection
- FBI says companies lost $1.2B due to email scams since October 2013
- Gigabyte G1 z170 Gaming 7 motherboard.
- Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3C USB 3.1 Type-C Flash Drive Review
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20