Intel's Pentium 4 platform is definitely coming to the end of its line, with talks of moving from Netburst to Dothan architecture, the future of the Intel Pentium 4 CPU line is certainly looking to be at the end, however, we still haven't reached that part yet.
While one era has come to an end, we now start on the new line, Dual Core Processing. Dual Core works on the same principle as Dual CPU. On one CPU package, two separate dies are packed together, each with its own command set, Multimedia instruction set and caches. Intel has now started mass production of its Pentium D and Pentium XE processors using Dual Core design, however, new boards and chipsets are the order from Intel, and today we are looking at ASUS's offering to the premium market place.
:: Latest Pricing of ASUS P5WD2 Premium ::
ASUS has been on the forefront of motherboard and PC technology for nearly 10 years now, with designs that not only pack as much into a board as technically possible, but allow for some ever increasing overclocking results. Once thought of as the overclocking wannabe to ABIT, ASUS has now taken the crown as the motherboard of choice (for overclocking and performance options) as far as we are concerned.
Today we are looking at the ASUS P5WD2 Wi-Fi TV Premium Edition motherboard based on the newest 955X chipset from Intel - How does it stack up against the board it intends to replace, the P5AD2E Premium based on Intel's 925XE chipset?
Well let's have a look.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Features]
- Page 4 [Features Continued]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Series]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 2]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- YouTube testing clean Material design
- Twitter stock falls to all-time low
- The Rock's alarm clock app inspires you to get up in the morning
- Fully prep for the ITIL Foundation Exam for just $39
- Expert says self-driving cars means more car sex
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Mobile Drive 4TB USB C Review
- Asus F2A85-M won't go into BIOS
- I bought a new open box assus laptop but the sound does not work, help.
- JBL Xtreme Portable Bluetooth Speaker Review
- PC reboots immediately after being put to sleep
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched