STRIX Z270I Gaming Circuit Analysis Continued
ASUS is using the Realtek ALC1220, which offers 120dB SNR and an integrated headphone amplifier. To spice things up, ASUS also added two extra operational amplifiers, the Texas Instrument RC458, and OP1688. Nichicon Gold series audio capacitors and PCB isolation of the audio section help to improve overall audio quality.
Intel's i219v PHY compliments the integrated MAC in the PCH to produce the Intel NIC. ASUS's WIFI card is the Qualcomm QCNFA364A 2x2 Wireless AC/BT 4.1 controller.
The USB 3.1 internal header is controlled by the ASMedia ASM2142 and uses an ASMedia ASM1543 type-C controller. RGB LED control is derived from an AURA chip, and a Texas Instruments 2592AA eFuse helps protect the port from reversed polarity.
The nuvoTon NCT6793D SuperIO controls the fans and offers monitoring, while the TPU chip helps out with ASUS specific features such as automatic overclocking. A single 128Mbit (16MB) BIOS ROM holds the BIOS. The little chip labeled 6V4153 is a clock buffer, perhaps to enhance BCLK margins.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS ROG STRIX Z270I Gaming Mini-ITX Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS ROG STRIX Z270I Gaming Mini-ITX Motherboard retails for $179 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASUS ROG STRIX Z270I Gaming Mini-ITX Motherboard retails for £191 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and STRIX Z270I Gaming Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS STRIX Z270I Gaming Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS STRIX Z270I Gaming Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung making next-gen 4K mobile displays with 800PPI
- HIS roars, launches their Radeon RX 500 series cards
- Intel launching 12C/24T chips with X299 on May 30
- GTA V is teaching autonomous cars how to drive
- Twitch plans to rope YouTubers with new tip system
- Looking for instant flash bios files for P67 Pro3 B3
- Planet Earth II 4K Blu-ray Review
- Promise Technology Apollo Cloud 2TB Review
- HDD is going bad. Best way to transfer to new HDD?
- Phanteks EVOLV MATX Micro-Tower Chassis Review
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club
- Nokia announces next-generation technologies for the advancement of virtual reality with 'OZO Reality' vision and partner ecosystem
- Razer expands the Razer Hammerhead v2 in-ear audio line with Bluetooth and iOS Lightning models
- MSI announces new thin and light GP62X and GP72X Leopard Pro Series gaming laptops
- EK is releasing Full-Cover water blocks for the ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti