ATI have a real winner on their hands with the new Radeon X800GTO and if they feel that there is still a mid-range market, then we take there word for it as there are so many different market segments covered now.
It is the perfect upgrade for people who feel that the GeForce 6600GT or Radeon X700 doesn't offer enough performance for them but can't stretch their budget enough to the length of the mighty Radeon X800XL. We can see that an X800XL sits around $250 to $280 US and an X800GT sits around $150 to $160US. The word on the street is that the X800GTO will sit around $210 US, which is a happy medium between the two cards and an excellent price considering the performance gains over the X800GT, which we saw here today.
GeCube as usual have added their popular Uni Wise cooling solution that not only helps keep noise down but increase cooling efficiency in turn which offers us quite a nice little overclock and a little performance increase to go with it, around 10% which is good.
There isn't a lot to fault about the Radeon X800GTO with the only gripe being the light package on offer from GeCube. The card performs better then it probably should for the price, it is quiet, has some overclocking potential, no additional power cables are needed and it only takes up a single slot inside your system.
It was surprising to see the performance of the card when AA and AF was turned on and the performance on offer in Doom 3 is amazing considering the Ultra setting is used (in both AA/AF and non AA/AF tests) which is only recommended for 512MB cards.
Quality card after quality product is being released to the market not only from ATI but nVidia, which is making it a buyers dream. With all the new cards and names it can be confusing, so make sure you do have a read of all our reviews (and others, if you must) before you go out and purchase so you make the right decision.
Uni Wise Cooling
Very competitive mid-range card
Quite good value for money
Good AA and AF performance
Nice overclocking ability
Should be available on store shelves very soon
The GeCube X800GTO is for people who are looking for an affordable upgrade into PCI Express and feel that the 6600GT and X800GT doesn't offer quite enough power and is not for people who want to play games like F.E.A.R and Battlefield 2 with AA and AF on at high resolutions.
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Best Value Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [The Package]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - CPU Overclocking]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Graphics Card Overclocking]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ARMS sells over 100,000 copies in Japan in first week
- Titanfall 2 may hit 6K on Xbox One X with 100% GPU usage
- Take-Two relents on singleplayer GTA mods
- 47% of gamers spend money while playing games
- MSI Afterburner now has hardware plot graphics
- The Mummy Movie Review
- Computer freeze and audio buzz issue
- AZZA Photios 250 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Team T-Force Dark ROG DDR4-3000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- GA-X58A-UD3R wake on lan problem
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller