What do you know. Even after giving us tons of added flexibility by putting the USB connections on the front panel, this unit has another little useful purpose in life. It also doubles as a 5.25" to 3.5" conversion bay. Got an extra hard drive that you would like to use in your system but don't have a spare 3.5" bay? No problems. Just hook it into EasyUSB and you're ready to add a bit of extra storage. Now we can see the usefulness of that front grill.
On the bottom of the frame, you'll notice the four screws that will secure your hard drive in place. They are set to industry standard, so just about any drive can be held inside. And to make sure that there won't be any space problems, Antec made it to where the portion of the frame that holds the drive is sunk a bit. This will make sure that the screws holding the drive in place won't get in the way of the device that is directly below the unit. Again, simple touches that go a long way towards making this something desirable to have.
About the only bad thing I can think of here is the lack of any type of mounting capabilities for active cooling. Since this is a 5.25" bay device, it's going to be nestled in with your optical drives (CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, CD-RW). These items create a good bit of heat by themselves, and adding a hard drive to this may be cause for some cooling considerations.
Though this is not a necessary component of a Power System, it sure is handy. I can recall countless times that I've had to go reaching around the back of the case to add a USB peripheral. It's just nice to have those connections in an easy to access place for a change. Now you don't have to feel around trying to get that little connection into the backside of your computer. Just plug it into the front and carry on.
The conversion bay was also a handy thing. I don't have a lot of problems in my tower case, but I've seen a lot of systems that have simply run out of bays to install extra drives. With most of us who upgrade regularly, there are almost always some spare parts sitting around the place. This gives a little added flexibility when creating more space for all those MP3 files and such. Just make sure that you think about some possible cooling solutions if it becomes necessary.
Bottom line...If you are tired of having to try to feel your way around those USB ports on the back of your system, then get something that makes life a little easier. EasyUSB does just that.
- Front USB Access
- Easy Installation
- 5.25" to 3.5" Drive Bay Converter
- No Active Cooling Mounts
Rating - 8/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Carl Pei hints that OnePlus 5 might keep headphone jack
- Borderlands 3 teased for 2018 release
- Red Dead Redemption 2 to release after April 2018
- Samsung has 3.5-inch 120Hz OLED: next-gen VR panels
- Samsung teases prototype 1.96-inch 4K LCD for VR HMDs
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK with SSD M.2 Plextor M8PeG 256gb. low speed after shut down
- Prey Review: Dark Stars, Darker Thoughts
- Alien Covenant Movie Review
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning