What you get
There isn't a whole lot that comes with the kit, but then not much is necessary to make this setup work. The case itself is a simple metal frame that mounts into a standard 5.25" drive bay. The front panel is plastic, and has a vented grill that allows for a little airflow. We'll get into the importance of this feature in a bit.
Also included is the required cabling for hooking it up to the mainboard, and screws that will allow you to mount it to a standard bay. There were also more than enough screws included, so if you're losing things from time to time, you won't have to go scrounging for extra parts to install it.
Installing the EasyUSB was a breeze. Even using the rail system in my case, there was nothing difficult about mounting the unit. Screw the rails into place on the side of the metal casing, and slide it into place. Nothing could be easier.
Cabling was also pretty straightforward. The cables included with the kit have a single block on one end and a pair of blocks on the other. The single end hooks to the inside of the unit while the split ends hook up to the mainboard.
A nice feature is the fact that the single block can only be inserted one way, which takes care of any problems of accidentally hooking it up backwards. Simple touches like this are what make an add-on like this much more desirable.
The two connectors that hook into the mainboard are very simple to get on. The red wires are clearly marked as the Power lead, so can be hooked up accordingly to the USB pins on the board. Just take a quick look in your motherboard manual and see which leads are powered, then hook up the connectors that way.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Das Keyboard takes $20 off keyboards, $0 shipping for holiday sales
- Remedy has finished the 'shivering' end scene in Quantum Break
- Razer injects chromatic flavor into Lenovo's new gaming PC lineup
- NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 900 series price drops for the holidays
- Rumor: Sony unlocks PS4's seventh core to boost performance
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- NEed help setting bios
- Sharp GX-BT7 2.1-Channel Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Review
- D-Link DCS-2630L 1080p Ultra-Wide View IP Wi-Fi Camera Review
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis