Case Build & Finished Product
Once all the bits and bobs were installed into the Portal, we took another trip around it with the camera. The front of the chassis is now supporting an AIO, but we did have to use the lowest fan position to do so. This did conflict with the SSD tray inside, so we removed it, as we had to be sure to clear the video card at the top.
Looking into the main section of the Portal's guts, we can see that the motherboard fits, the tubing for the AIO runs gently with no odd bends or tweaks. The PSU has plenty of room at the bottom with room to spare for the wires, and the video card just fits at the top.
The card did align slightly crooked at the top, but that could be a bit our fault as we wanted to be sure it was supported well. We did try a rear I/O cover and had no issues with fitment, and the PSU brought no issues to the table either.
The hole in the motherboard tray is large, and as we can see here, it allows the backplate to be installed or removed without moving the motherboard. We did not need the room to the side of the HDD rack but to run a fan wire, but having that space is handy for those with intentions of using more than what our build required.
Rather than to take another trip around the outside of the chassis, we skipped ahead and are showing the Portal while it is powered. The power button at the front is backlit with a light blue, almost white LED. We did miss the HDD activity LED in this image, but that will flicker with white LED illumination.
As if the Portal did not look stellar as it was, we still have the large window at the top to discuss. This window affords users a view of the video card, and the better-looking side of it as well. If you have an LED-lit video card, you will also get a bit of light passing through the top of the chassis onto the wall near the Portal.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [BitFenix Portal Mini-ITX Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the Portal]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Call of Duty set in WWII?
- Gionee launches A1 in India
- Samsung to disable charging on remaining Galaxy Note7s
- New Tekken 7 trailer shows off devastating combos
- Xiaomi Mi 6 and Mi 6 Plus pricing leaks
- Kong: Skull Island Movie Review
- TPM issue with 970-D3P
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Kingston HyperX Savage 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse