There you have it, two of the fastest air cooled nVidia GeForce 7800 GTX's on the market with a full warranty included in the deal. We have a really snazzy looking, great performing card and an excellent bundle with the only gripe most people will find being the premium that is paid for an ASUS product. While in the past the premium wasn't giving much more then an extra game and a big box, now it's real good to see that we are getting more for our extra dollars spent this time around.
According to our Price Comparison website, the T.O.P version of the card will cost you around $75 US more than regular 7800 GTX from ASUS. Zipzoomfly are selling the T.O.P version for $569.99 US while Newegg are selling the regular version for $495 US. So, you end up paying a little more but not too much more.
The Arctic Cooling Silencer cooler is one of the best aftermarket graphics card coolers around thanks to the great overclocking potential it offers with a drop in noise levels. ASUS have really made full use of the cooler giving us some insane stock speeds out of the box which do result in some decent performance increases.
We did have some issues overclocking our samples cards from ASUS further than they already and we aren't sure why but we've seen other reviews online where testers were able to overclock further. With this said though, it isn't really much of an issue as the speeds we get at stock are simply amazing with the memory speed really exceeding itself.
When installing the cards onto a DFI nForce 4 SLI board we found that the gap between the two PCI-E slots did make it quite difficult to have the cards running in SLI. We physically had to bend them together and place the bridge on it which is something you really don't want to be doing, at all. While this would be a problem if the A8N SLI Premium was a bad board, it isn't and is quickly entering the hearts of many enthusiasts thanks to the fanless design, removal of the SLI selector and a lot of the little bugs being removed that were found in the A8N-SLI.
Overall the ASUS 7800 GTX T.O.P cards offer some kick-ass performance out of the box and we congratulate ASUS for stepping out of the square and trying something new. If you're on the market for a new high-end graphics cards, you can't really look much further than what we have here today.
- Pricing Details
Great cooling (performance and low level of noise)
Brilliant performance and looks
Excellent bundle to keep you entertained
VIVO and HDTV
ASUS premium price
Might be a tight fit in SLI on some motherboards - check before buying
The ASUS 7800GTX is for people who aren't shy to spend more money then they should for the purpose of owning some of the most kick ass graphics cards around and is not for people who open their wallet and see butterflies come out of it.
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV: How to master attacks and combos
- Huawei Mate 9 goes on sale in the US on January 6th
- Faraday Future keeps teasing their upcoming electric car
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Asrock J3355M doesn't power on (mostly)
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD