With mobile throughput, I run testing through an iPhone 7 Plus and Mi Note Pro to see the performance with mobile devices. Throughput is tested with the router in is default state from the factory.
The Ally showed greater throughput with the iPhone 7 Plus reaching 98 Mbps.
5GHz mobile throughput reached 486 Mbps with the iPhone 7 Plus while the Note Pro touched 249 Mbps.
Our next test for this new setup sees how range affects performance. With this, we start at 10Ft and move out to 30Ft, after we reach the end we move to a location again at 30Ft but with two walls between us and the router. Routers are tested in their default configuration for this part; the client device is the iPhone 7 Plus.
Starting off this test, the Ally Plus gives us 99 Mbps on the 2.4GHz band. As we move away performance drops only slightly to 90 Mbps at 30ft, two walls net us 76 Mbps.
5GHz starts at 447 Mbps which stays pretty solid through 30ft. Two walls drop throughput to 267 Mbps.
The Ally Plus certainly isn't a storage-centric solution. With our SanDisk Extreme Pro, we were only able to get 23 MB/s read and 17 MB/s write out of the device.
PRICING: You can find the Amped Wireless Ally Plus Whole Home Wi-Fi System for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Amped Wireless Ally Plus Whole Home Wi-Fi System retails for $300 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple sued by insurance company for alleged iPhone fire
- You can now get Xiaomi Mi 6 with 9,000 mAh battery
- Note8 color options leak: Samsung to introduce Deep Blue
- ASUS ZenFone 4 to be premium device with Snapdragon 835
- Nanomaterial charges phones, electric cars in SECONDS
- Supermicro SuperO Booster Software Guide
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4