The operation of your Drobo 5C starts with the dashboard. I'm using four Toshiba 1TB drives with this unit today and starting from the top the status menu gives an overview of the 5C. To the right, we have a diagram of the bays and installed capacity while the left side shows the interface we are using and firmware revision.
Selecting a particular bay will give us information on the installed drive to the left.
Moving down to the capacity menu, we can see our data usage and its layout.
The tools menu, allows you to manage the Drobo by turning LEDs on or off, formatting a volume or updating the firmware.
Diving into settings, you can choose single or dual drive redundancy and enable or disable drive spin down.
Settings for the software itself can be found in preferences. Here you can setup alerts via email and configure updates.
PRICING: You can find the Drobo 5C Five-Bay USB-C DAS for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Drobo 5C Five-Bay USB-C DAS retails for $349 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Drobo 5C Five-Bay USB-C DAS retails for £363 at Amazon UK.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Red Dead Redemption 2 delayed to Spring 2018
- FF14: Stormblood's job level-up potions cost $25
- LG announces rugged smartphone - X Venture
- Destiny 2 replaces major subclasses and abilities
- Far Cry 5 isn't a Western, set in modern day Montana
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK with SSD M.2 Plextor M8PeG 256gb. low speed after shut down
- Prey Review: Dark Stars, Darker Thoughts
- Alien Covenant Movie Review
- Custom Storage Unit
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning