Supermicro has maintained a presence the past few generations in the mid to high-end gaming motherboard market, and today I will review their C7Z270-CG gaming motherboard.
Supermicro seems to have changed their naming scheme, with the –CG standing for consumer gaming, and the –PG standing for professional gaming. The C7Z270-CG is an upper-middle class gaming motherboard with a premium feature set and quality components, at least that's what their marketing says.
Today, I will put the motherboard, its features, and hardware under the microscope, and see what the motherboard has to offer. One of Supermicro's selling points for their consumer lineup is the fact that they use their server engineers to design them, meaning that server grade engineering and components are used in their consumer grade parts.
The C7Z270-CG offers dual Intel NICs, USB 3.1 type-A, USB 3.1 type-C, two M.2 slots, eight SATA6Gb/s ports, and it even has a VGA output for the processor's integrated graphics.
The C7Z270-CG costs $239.99.
PRICING: You can find the Supermicro C7Z270-CG Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Supermicro C7Z270-CG Motherboard retails for $241 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and C7Z270-CG Overview]
- Page 3 [Supermicro C7Z270-CG Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [Supermicro C7Z270-CG Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Elon Musk teases Model Y for 'S3XY' lineup
- Samsung confirms that the Note7 isn't quite dead yet
- Apple iPhone 6s was the best-selling smartphone of 2016
- Rogue One looks great, even in a fan-made VHS commercial
- Intel working on next-gen Xeon with 32C/64T of power
- N3150-ITX Mini-PCI Express Slot
- Intel Optane Memory: What It Is and Why It Matters
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Gigabyte Aorus z270x Gaming 9 Motherboard Bios Code: bcc0
- New Mobo and my W10 Install?
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse