Installation and Finished Product
As we begin to assemble things to mount the cooler, we start with the backplate. You need to align the standoffs so that the flat side of them locks into the flat side of the hole, and the plastic isolation pads are narrow enough that they grip the standoff. This makes it much easier to move it.
The next step is simple. You just need to align the standoffs in the motherboard holes, being mindful of orientation of the backplate, and allow the plastic to rest against the motherboard.
We then flip over the motherboard, slide the plastic spacers on the standoffs, and then install the top brackets. The top brackets have arrows on them which point at the CPU, and we screwed the nuts down until we were out of threads and the springs were completely compressed.
The last step, after applying thermal paste, is to install the crossbar onto the base of the cooler and screw it onto the motherboard hardware. We alternated sides every three turns or so, and again, left no threads. We took these all the way in.
Looking past the RAM, we see a whole lot of the fan and not much of the cooler. We were able to keep the specified height with the NEOllusion, as the fan assumes its intended ride height.
There is plenty of room next to the memory to allow this cooler body and the fan to fit without conflict. If there is a desire to add a second fan while using an LGA2011 motherboard, you will have no issues with the RAM on the back of the cooler, but you would need to find a fan and mounting hardware for it.
Looking at the NEOllusion from the top of the motherboard downwards, we find the NEOllusion to be a thin candidate to cool the CPU. We also like the black and white alternating sections of the side profile, and cannot wait to try out the lighting and modes.
From the top of the cooler looking in at the system, the NEOllusion is not that impressive to stare at, but we are a sucker for the flat black coating. It is easy to tell there is clear access to the motherboard screws, and we can assure you that the top PCI-e slot is not blocked from use either.
Now, we could have taken the time to take and present 19 ways in which the NEOllusion CPU cooler can be presented with the various colors and effects the remote offers, but we think you get the point without them. Using the remote, we selected red as it matched the best, and we see that not only does the white side sections glow with red light, the name and logo badge on top of the cooler is also lit to match the sides.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [LEPA NEOllusion CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony pulling underhanded tricks to sell $70 games
- Shadow of Mordor sequel optimized for Project Scorpio
- Nintendo Switch will have handheld-only mobile games
- Weekly hardware deals: Jet's extra $30 off GTX 1080
- Samsung introduces Gear VR with Controller
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- FutureMark reveals new VR and server benchmarking tools
- LG preparing VR HMD
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity