The Z270 Gaming K6 has a lot of interesting hardware we will now examine.
The motherboard's VRM is in a 6+4 phase configuration. The four phases on the right are for the iGPU, then six phases are for the CPU, and the remaining two chokes are for the VCCSA and VCCIO phases. The Intersil ISL95856 4+3 phase PWM is used for the CPU+iGPU (3+2). The PWM has two integrated drivers for the CPU and one for the iGPU outputs, ASRock adds two ISL6625A drivers, one for the CPU and one for the iGPU.
To get 6+4 phases from the 3+2, ASRock doubles the number of power stage components (choke, high-side FET, and low-side FET). The MOSFETs are from Sinopower, the SM4336 and SM4337 for the low-side and high-side. ASRock is using their 12K FP caps, which is a quite high rating for a motherboard of this caliber.
A Richtek RT8120 single-phase PWM controller with integrated driver outputs its driver signal to two sets of phases. The MOSFETs are AP4034GYT N-channel power MOSFETs from Advanced Power Electronics.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6 Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Mini is super-small, powerful
- Sony to launch two new Xperia flagship devices this year
- MSI has the first graphics card with a USB Type-C port
- The Nokia 3310 finally goes on sale
- MSI confirms GTX 1080 Ti LIGHTNING Z for Computex 2017
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017