The Z270 Gaming K6 has a lot of interesting hardware we will now examine.
The motherboard's VRM is in a 6+4 phase configuration. The four phases on the right are for the iGPU, then six phases are for the CPU, and the remaining two chokes are for the VCCSA and VCCIO phases. The Intersil ISL95856 4+3 phase PWM is used for the CPU+iGPU (3+2). The PWM has two integrated drivers for the CPU and one for the iGPU outputs, ASRock adds two ISL6625A drivers, one for the CPU and one for the iGPU.
To get 6+4 phases from the 3+2, ASRock doubles the number of power stage components (choke, high-side FET, and low-side FET). The MOSFETs are from Sinopower, the SM4336 and SM4337 for the low-side and high-side. ASRock is using their 12K FP caps, which is a quite high rating for a motherboard of this caliber.
A Richtek RT8120 single-phase PWM controller with integrated driver outputs its driver signal to two sets of phases. The MOSFETs are AP4034GYT N-channel power MOSFETs from Advanced Power Electronics.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6 Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox worth $9 billion, 53 million Xbox LIVE users
- Essential phone to be more than a month late
- Intel accuses Qualcomm of monopolistic behavior
- New Note8 leak shows awkwardly placed fingerprint sensor
- Samsung Galaxy S8 officially discounted by up to $300
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4