Yeah, its time for the boring segment again, but it is necessary information for those hardcore techies that have to know the small details. It will be quick and painless, though. In a nutshell, here are the specs as put out by the folks at Sapphire:
· 256MB of GDDR3 memory
· 256-bit quad-channel GDDR3 memory interface
· 16 parallel pixel pipelines
· 6 parallel vertex processing engines
· Digital DUO™ technology allows for DUAL DVI connections for multiple flat panel use
· Dual integrated 400MHz DAC's
· 2048x1536 @ 85Hz Maximum Resolution
· YPrPB component HDTV output
· VIVO - Video-in/Video-out Capable
· Full support for DirectX 9.0 and the latest OpenGL functionality
· New SMARTSHADER™ HD technology allows for support for Microsoft DirectX 9.0 programmable vertex and pixel shaders in hardware as well as OpenGL via extensions.
· SMOOTHVISION™ HD technology provides enhanced image quality by removing jagged edges and bringing out fine texture detail, without compromising performance
· 3Dc™ High quality 4:1 Normal Map Compression delivers beautiful scenes without the performance hit.
· Unique VIDEOSHADER™ HD engine uses programmable pixel shaders to accelerate video processing and provide better-looking visuals
· HYPER Z™ HD is optimized for performance at high display resolutions, including widescreen HDTV resolutions.
How much does it cost?