Just because we go out and buy a reasonably expensive video card doesn't mean we don't want to tweak it, does it? Of course not!
Default speeds of the X850XT board is 540MHz core and 590MHz memory; effectively 1190MHz with the DDR factor figure in. Since this isn't all the board can do I decided to put it through its paces a bit to see how far we could go. Though I was able to crank the core up over 600MHz, I ended up with artifacts, so I backed it off to 586MHz. At this core setting I was able to easily complete all benchmarking tests and none showed any sign of glitches.
The memory, on the other hand, didn't do nearly as well. It is speed rated at 600MHz and that was the limit I could maintain without artifacts. It would operate at around 610MHz before crashing the system but the display was not free from errors.
To show some of the more recent tests, I'll include a few charts that give you the results from default to overclocked performance.
All tests run showed a marked improvement, and we all know that faster is better!
How much does it cost?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 with stylus introduced at MWC
- Did you want a Nokia Android smartphone? Here are three!
- Huawei unveils the Watch 2 and Watch 2 Classic
- Enter the 'Doctor Strange' world in our Blu-ray giveaway
- Huawei unveils the P10 and P10 Plus
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity
- Razer releases power bank smart charge mobile accessory
- LG unveils new G6 with a large fullvision display tailored to fit in one hand