Just because we go out and buy a reasonably expensive video card doesn't mean we don't want to tweak it, does it? Of course not!
Default speeds of the X850XT board is 540MHz core and 590MHz memory; effectively 1190MHz with the DDR factor figure in. Since this isn't all the board can do I decided to put it through its paces a bit to see how far we could go. Though I was able to crank the core up over 600MHz, I ended up with artifacts, so I backed it off to 586MHz. At this core setting I was able to easily complete all benchmarking tests and none showed any sign of glitches.
The memory, on the other hand, didn't do nearly as well. It is speed rated at 600MHz and that was the limit I could maintain without artifacts. It would operate at around 610MHz before crashing the system but the display was not free from errors.
To show some of the more recent tests, I'll include a few charts that give you the results from default to overclocked performance.
All tests run showed a marked improvement, and we all know that faster is better!
How much does it cost?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Tesla founder deletes his tweet that hinted towards 'Model Y' vehicle
- Halo 5 will have a 'much more sociable' story thanks to 4-player co-op
- Pepsi launching 'Back to the Future II' bottle design
- Microsoft's Continuum turns Lumia 950s into mobile PC's
- Ubisoft announces Far Cry Primal set in Stone Age, coming 2016
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio