Just because we go out and buy a reasonably expensive video card doesn't mean we don't want to tweak it, does it? Of course not!
Default speeds of the X850XT board is 540MHz core and 590MHz memory; effectively 1190MHz with the DDR factor figure in. Since this isn't all the board can do I decided to put it through its paces a bit to see how far we could go. Though I was able to crank the core up over 600MHz, I ended up with artifacts, so I backed it off to 586MHz. At this core setting I was able to easily complete all benchmarking tests and none showed any sign of glitches.
The memory, on the other hand, didn't do nearly as well. It is speed rated at 600MHz and that was the limit I could maintain without artifacts. It would operate at around 610MHz before crashing the system but the display was not free from errors.
To show some of the more recent tests, I'll include a few charts that give you the results from default to overclocked performance.
All tests run showed a marked improvement, and we all know that faster is better!
How much does it cost?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Conan Exiles alpha screenshots show a brutal and desolate world
- CBS not talking with Apple about streaming TV services anymore
- Unsurprisingly, the PlayStation 4 outsold the Xbox One in January
- Grand Theft Auto Online Valentine's day special, Adversary Mode
- Final Fantasy 14 patch 3.2 begins the Gears of Change
- Extreme Problem (not alone)
- Кадастровая оценка от Мо
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives